SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my dilemma is that I have a little to spend on a new gun and I'm slightly torn on which way to go. I have a Glock 19 and a HK VP9 Grey sitting on hold for me at the LGS. The argument for the Glock is that I it is my go to gun. I have so many Glock mags, I already have the holster for it and everyone needs a good back up, but that VP9 Grey is calling to me. Like hey...psssst...remember me???

However, I have been handling the new M&P 9mm 2.0, and I have been talking about the P320C ever since I held one for the first time, so I'm kinda feeling like a puppy in a butcher shop for the first time. I know I may get a lopsided load here, but what, if any, input can ya throw at me? Should I stick with another 19, hop on the VP9, or take a chance on one of the other two?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH the choices are killin me, Smalls!:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
You asked for opinions so....
Get a 320C if you've already got a 19. Personally I say skip the VP9 and look at the other HK's, esp with the LEM's.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Clearly, your issue isn't the choice, but the budget. Make more money.
Seriously, if you intend on getting many or all of those choices, it isn't which one to get, but which one now. It's easier to decide if it isn't an all or nothing issue. Go with your gut, and the others can be bought at a later time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I can't give any real good advice. I end up wanting to try a HK or something other than a Sig and end up buying another Sig. The P320C is a good choice. I have one in a .40 and really like the way it shoots.

Ron

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clearly, your issue isn't the choice, but the budget. Make more money.
Seriously, if you intend on getting many or all of those choices, it isn't which one to get, but which one now. It's easier to decide if it isn't an all or nothing issue. Go with your gut, and the others can be bought at a later time.
LOL! You said it!!!

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You asked for opinions so....
Get a 320C if you've already got a 19. Personally I say skip the VP9 and look at the other HK's, esp with the LEM's.
Why do you recommend skipping the VP9? Which other HK models do you suggest? I'm not opposed to trying the LEM, but the only HK I shot with that trigger system frustrated me. What do you like about it? Are they all the same?

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I haven't go all Sigs 320 and HK VP for been so invested in Glocks magazine holsters and spare parts, I'm down to six Glocks from 12, if the Sig 250 or 320 would have come earlier I'll will probably have one or two Glocks only.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
OK So Seriously... You want others to tell you how to spend your money ? They all work well for many folks .

Start flipping a coin till your down to only one . . Or go order a new STI DVC carry and that will eat up any mad money for a few years and you'll get a good carry pistol out of the deal in about 6 month ! HA

·
Premium Member
18,520 Posts
I'll gladly share my perspective on a couple of your choices, you have a tough decision to make. Went to the range yesterday with the VP9, CZ SP-01 Tactical and G19 with RMR. Shot about 150 rounds through each, quick fire from draw into paper plates mounted on cardboard at about 10 yds. With all three, was able to keep the shots all on the respective plates, one for each weapon. The VP-9 had the tightest group of the three, centered on target, the G19 was nearly as tight, about an inch and a half low (will check the POA/POI of the red dot another day), and the SP-01 was a bit looser pattern than either.

Of the three, the VP9 feels best in my hand, with the adjustable hand swells and back strap, you can really fine tune the grip to your hand. The SP-01, with the factory rubber grips, was also very comfortable, not quite as fine tuned to my hand as the VP9. The Glock, well it's a Glock, what can I say. :) Recoil control went to the SP-01 due to it's weight, I perceived the recoil control of the VP9 was better than that on the Glock, but I attribute this to the red dot bouncing so vividly in front of my eyes. Getting back on target was about the same, however, with the Glock and VP9.

Not telling you anything you don't already know so far and what I have yet to say is nothing new either. I am not a target shooter nor am I a competition shooter, my weapons are merely for carry/self defense. The accuracy and proficiency I had yesterday with all three weapons is well within the realm I expect from my defensive weapons. What really sets the Glock above the others, for me and only me, is the sheer simplicity of the design and my ability to completely take down the weapon using a small punch or Glock tool. This point was really driven in to me when I compared the armorer classes by Glock and SIG Classic series. At the Glock class, you are given one tool, a small punch. At the SIG Classic armorer class, you are given a small assortment of tools. Don't get me wrong, the SIG Classic pistol is a simple design, much more so than either the VP9 or SP-01. When I start looking at the FCU on the P320, that simplicity is out the window.

In terms of a defensive weapon, the G19 is still my go to, one is mounted on my bedside, one is locked in my car for everyday use in an Andrews Custom Leather Carjacker and a third rotates in and out of my EDC rotation. Between the four choices you listed, the G19 would be #1, the M&P #2, the P320 #3 and VP9 #4 based merely on my needs and expectations in a defensive weapon - ease to bring back into service quickly and easily regardless the severity of the failure and has adequate accuracy in my hands.

If you are only to get one, the G19 gets my vote. I really like what S&W has done lately with their triggers. They are on par with Glock in terms of simplicity, but replacement/spare parts proliferation falls woefully short of what is out there with Glock. Regardless, I don't think any of the four choices you are considering are a wrong answer. I wouldn't mind depending on any of them to defend the lives of my loved ones or myself. Good luck and happy shopping!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
So my dilemma is that I have a little to spend on a new gun and I'm slightly torn on which way to go. I have a Glock 19 and a HK VP9 Grey sitting on hold for me at the LGS. The argument for the Glock is that I it is my go to gun. I have so many Glock mags, I already have the holster for it and everyone needs a good back up, but that VP9 Grey is calling to me. Like hey...psssst...remember me???

However, I have been handling the new M&P 9mm 2.0, and I have been talking about the P320C ever since I held one for the first time, so I'm kinda feeling like a puppy in a butcher shop for the first time. I know I may get a lopsided load here, but what, if any, input can ya throw at me? Should I stick with another 19, hop on the VP9, or take a chance on one of the other two?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH the choices are killin me, Smalls!:lol:
How could you possibly leave a HiPoint out of this discussion??? Go for a HiPoint instead, and if it ever quits working, you can then use it as a boat anchor! :eek::p:D

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
How could you possibly leave a HiPoint out of this discussion??? Go for a HiPoint instead, and if it ever quits working, you can then use it as a boat anchor! :eek::p:D
We think alike!

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: bronicabill

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll gladly share my perspective on a couple of your choices, you have a tough decision to make. Went to the range yesterday with the VP9, CZ SP-01 Tactical and G19 with RMR. Shot about 150 rounds through each, quick fire from draw into paper plates mounted on cardboard at about 10 yds. With all three, was able to keep the shots all on the respective plates, one for each weapon. The VP-9 had the tightest group of the three, centered on target, the G19 was nearly as tight, about an inch and a half low (will check the POA/POI of the red dot another day), and the SP-01 was a bit looser pattern than either.

Of the three, the VP9 feels best in my hand, with the adjustable hand swells and back strap, you can really fine tune the grip to your hand. The SP-01, with the factory rubber grips, was also very comfortable, not quite as fine tuned to my hand as the VP9. The Glock, well it's a Glock, what can I say. :) Recoil control went to the SP-01 due to it's weight, I perceived the recoil control of the VP9 was better than that on the Glock, but I attribute this to the red dot bouncing so vividly in front of my eyes. Getting back on target was about the same, however, with the Glock and VP9.

Not telling you anything you don't already know so far and what I have yet to say is nothing new either. I am not a target shooter nor am I a competition shooter, my weapons are merely for carry/self defense. The accuracy and proficiency I had yesterday with all three weapons is well within the realm I expect from my defensive weapons. What really sets the Glock above the others, for me and only me, is the sheer simplicity of the design and my ability to completely take down the weapon using a small punch or Glock tool. This point was really driven in to me when I compared the armorer classes by Glock and SIG Classic series. At the Glock class, you are given one tool, a small punch. At the SIG Classic armorer class, you are given a small assortment of tools. Don't get me wrong, the SIG Classic pistol is a simple design, much more so than either the VP9 or SP-01. When I start looking at the FCU on the P320, that simplicity is out the window.

In terms of a defensive weapon, the G19 is still my go to, one is mounted on my bedside, one is locked in my car for everyday use in an Andrews Custom Leather Carjacker and a third rotates in and out of my EDC rotation. Between the four choices you listed, the G19 would be #1, the M&P #2, the P320 #3 and VP9 #4 based merely on my needs and expectations in a defensive weapon - ease to bring back into service quickly and easily regardless the severity of the failure and has adequate accuracy in my hands.

If you are only to get one, the G19 gets my vote. I really like what S&W has done lately with their triggers. They are on par with Glock in terms of simplicity, but replacement/spare parts proliferation falls woefully short of what is out there with Glock. Regardless, I don't think any of the four choices you are considering are a wrong answer. I wouldn't mind depending on any of them to defend the lives of my loved ones or myself. Good luck and happy shopping!
As always, sage advice. Appreciate the input, MC.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.