SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go ahead and order an exchange kit for my P250, rather than go the Gun Broker/ FFL route. Waited all week for it to arrive (as usual with FedEx). Eagerly opened the case, all ready to convert my spare 250 Compact into a brand new Subcompact. And I found...

NO FRAME.

How do you package a conversion kit and forget one of only three parts? THREE PARTS.

And being Saturday, I have nowhere to vent my frustration but here until first thing Monday morning. You can bet I'll be venting Monday morning.

I think I'm owed an extra frame for the inconvenience. Maybe something in FDE. And next-day shipping. No, make that SAME-day shipping. Better still, drive it to Michigan yourself, SIG rep. :mad:

THREE parts. How the hell hard is it to pack THREE parts? :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Where did you order it from?

I ask because, you will want to double check the fine print to make sure it identified it as being sold without the grip module.

If you bought it from sig or somewhere reputable you should be good go. Sucks you'll be without for the week though.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you order it from?

I ask because, you will want to double check the fine print to make sure it identified it as being sold without the grip module.

If you bought it from sig or somewhere reputable you should be good go. Sucks you'll be without for the week though.
Ordered directly from SIG. :mad:

The item link is right here: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/caliber-x-change-kit-p250-subcompact-40-auto-blk.html Read it about 10 times before ordering to make sure I was getting what I wanted; "barrel/slide assembly, grip module, and magazine" quoted from the item description.

And the contents are described on the back of the packaging; first thing I checked this morning. Grrr.

I'm hoping it won't be a week. SIG CS has always treated me pretty well, it should by rights only be a day or two once I get them on the phone. But yeah, it was going to be a good weekend... Maybe I'll convert a spare compact frame to fit the slide while I wait.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I ordered a 250' roll of bubble wrap from Amazon. The box arrived with a label that said there were two 125' rolls inside. I opened the box and there was only one roll but space for two. I called Amazon and they said keep what you got and we are shipping another order of 250' at no charge with express shipping. I hope you are as lucky with SIG.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I ordered a 250' roll of bubble wrap from Amazon. The box arrived with a label that said there were two 125' rolls inside. I opened the box and there was only one roll but space for two. I called Amazon and they said keep what you got and we are shipping another order of 250' at no charge with express shipping. I hope you are as lucky with SIG.
You're hoping Sig will include some bubble wrap with his order? :p

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
^Ha! You are a discerning man, most would have missed that subtlety. ;) :)

·
Registered
2,948 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You should be alright then by ordering from Sig. I said a week to include shipping time. Figure if you call Monday morning it could go out that day and hopefully have it by Thursday.

·
Premium Member
11,536 Posts
Maybe they just forgot to pack the bubble wrap.....in bubble wrap...?

Reactions: STYLUS 407

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should be alright then by ordering from Sig. I said a week to include shipping time. Figure if you call Monday morning it could go out that day and hopefully have it by Thursday.
Well I would hope, in the circumstances, they would go with 2-day shipping at least. Otherwise, Fedex takes a week from SIG to me.

So as not to waste the entire weekend, I grabbed a spare Compact frame, a hacksaw, and the power sander, chopped about 1/2" off the frame (3 rails instead of 4) and smoothed off the end. I now have a Subcompact-mod Compact frame which fits the slide perfectly. I'm about to get some fine sandpaper and tidy it up a bit more, maybe attempt to blend in the front end of the frame a bit with the slide. At least I have a usable subcompact for now. (I was actually planning to do this mod anyway... just not on day 1.)

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
300 Posts
well if Fedex takes a week it must be California.
i had Fedex lose my beloved 229 elite somewhere in Oakland, less than 30 miles away.
Sig made me whole again with a new replacement exactly as the old
i was calm, and understanding that sometimes it happens.
we make our own luck sometimes.

Reactions: Necron99

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if Fedex takes a week it must be California.
i had Fedex lose my beloved 229 elite somewhere in Oakland, less than 30 miles away.
Sig made me whole again with a new replacement exactly as the old
i was calm, and understanding that sometimes it happens.
we make our own luck sometimes.
Michigan.

For whatever reason, FedEx ground seems to take an entire week to get here. For instance, they drive my packages 60 miles past me to a distribution center there rather than just drop them on their way by... it's confusing.

Reactions: tawcat

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not to steal the thread: I had my first dealing with Sig CS, sending my 320 slide in to have them install X-Ray sights (long story), I followed up with an email inquiring about a military discount. Got a reply that said they only give discounts on weapons, however, they would apply a 10% discount to my service order. Pretty nice of them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had something similar happen, I ordered 2 hand mirrors (it was a 2 mirror set) from Amazon. One was broken. I just asked for 1/2 credit, they gave me full credit and told me to keep it.

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Happy Ending

Rob at SIG CS 2-day shipped me an entirely new exchange kit, while mine was still on its way back to the factory... pretty good service, I thought. It arrived yesterday morning.

When I opened the case this time, my first thought was, "You've got to be kidding me..." because I saw a slide assembly and a grip module, but no magazine. Then I took a closer look and realized that the mag was actually stored up inside the mag well. :lol:

So I now have the Subcompact of my dreams, and it may well (with extended magazine) become my EDC. It's definitely going in my rotation, anyway. The extended mag weighs almost as much as the gun unloaded. Should be very comfortable to carry.

The grip feels more like a large P290 than a 250, not to say it's uncomfortable, but it's quite slim for a double-stack. For those who don't know, the exchange kit has a Small grip, which is a little short for my hand but still comfy. SIG had medium grip modules in stock last night (for a very few minutes, I may have ordered the last one) so I have a medium railed grip module on the way. I'll see which one I like best. Once the crappy Michigan weather warms up and dries up a little, I'll be putting some rounds through her and then we're good to go.

Reactions: Jonzim48 and sigke

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's great Paul. All's well that ends well.
Still wouldn't have turned my nose up at a free FDE grip module for the inconvenience... and it's a little irritating that the week after I ordered it, during the free shipping promotion, SIG puts on a "free shipping PLUS a pistol bag" promotion... oh well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts