SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a MPX 9mm with the PSB. I live in Maine so I know I cannot put a suppressor on it without a tax stamp. Am I allowed to put the Sig Collapsible Stock on the MPX or do I need a Tax Stamp? Can I put any type of fore grip on this? Please dont use abbreviations when you answer. I had to look up PSB to know what it stands for.

Thanks. This is my first Sig I hope it is worth the money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You cannot put a stock on it without a tax stamp. You cannot put a vertical fore grip on it either as doing so is a no-no on a pistol. You can put an angled fore grip (Magpul afg) or a hand stop on it though. For another brace option, I would suggest SB tacticals mpx brace. I recently put one on my mcx pistol and love it!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just purchased a MPX 9mm with the PSB. I live in Maine so I know I cannot put a suppressor on it without a tax stamp. Am I allowed to put the Sig Collapsible Stock on the MPX or do I need a Tax Stamp? Can I put any type of fore grip on this? Please dont use abbreviations when you answer. I had to look up PSB to know what it stands for.

Thanks. This is my first Sig I hope it is worth the money.

Actually it depends on the length of the MPX. If you have the mpx with the 16" barrel you can put the collapsable stock. If you have 8" or shorter barrel you'll need a stamp. Like others have stated I highly recommend the sb tactical brace. In my opinion the brace is the way to go verses the stock and jumping the hoops for a stamp. Just my two cents worth. Look on the atf's website for exact clarification on requirements and what needs a stamp and does not. Always be on the safe side and read for yourself. We're all good people here on Sig Talk but if you have something (intentionally or not) that needs a stamp and its not stamped then it could be a terrible price to pay. Welcome to the forum. You're gonna love your Sig. it's definitely worth the money. Stock up on mags and ammo lol.

"God created men and Sam Colt made them equal"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You cannot put a stock on it without a tax stamp. You cannot put a vertical fore grip on it either as doing so is a no-no on a pistol. You can put an angled fore grip (Magpul afg) or a hand stop on it though. For another brace option, I would suggest SB tacticals mpx brace. I recently put one on my mcx pistol and love it!
I just looked at that brace, it does not require you to get a tax stamp? It looks like the collapsible stock with a Velcro strap on it. Lol

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. They ain't cheap, but in my opinion, totally worth the money. To confirm what others are saying, there was a new ATF ruling in April that states the braces are legal to install and shoulder on a pistol. As long as you go with a brace and not an actual stock, you are good to go. Enjoy!

·
Registered
676 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.