SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

OEM Sig TiN barrels

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  elm3c 
#1 ·
Interesting to me that Sig has released OEM TiN barrels for the P320 and P365. A bit too blingy for me, though I do understand it increases lubricity as well. Perhaps they're trying to capture some of the aftermarket dollars. Thoughts?

Sig P320 TiN barrels

#12 ·
I have a Kimber 45 and a FNX 45 that both have Titanium Nitride coated barrels, neither show any wear at all with a LOT of ammo run through them.

It cost ~$50 a barrel to coat and well worth it IMO.. Gold is not the only color TiN is available in, mine are both black
I could be totally wrong, but my understanding was that the nature of Titanium Nitride provided the gold color. DLC is supposedly the best (but black color only), with PVD offering different colors. Black nitride is yet another option, not as durable as DLC, but also obviously in black only. Each option has differences in thickness, hardness, and lubricity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.