SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Odds of SIG producing "smooth" modules, for those that love to customize?

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  sigsrok 
#1 ·
I think it would be an exciting market move, and surly easy to make, and the sales would be strong, and maybe even help boost the mods market to the levels of "glock":eek:

#4 ·
Odds? About like winning the POWERBALL ticket lottery.....twice.
Firearms manufactures are sticklers about not wanting "any" modifications done to their weapons after they leave the factory. Triggers, sear modifications, etc are not in their wish. If they get back a firearm to work on for warranty work they want to receive it exactly like it was when it was placed in the outgoing container.

Grip modules, plain, would not be a choice, since it is production and the retailer won't know "who" in their clients would want just a plain grip.

Reactions: JBnTx
#8 ·
You would think some third-party outfit would develop aftermarket grip frames for the 320 platform.

They're plastic, and they're not serialized, so the engineering and legal hurdles can't be that significant.

Seems like there's plenty of unmet demand out there to support that kind of venture.

Reactions: TheEyeronic1
#13 ·
First off - I don't think there are all that many folks that truly want to mod their guns. I honestly believe its mostly just a social media thing for folks that want to shoot more jpegs than bullets. My guess is the instaglocks of the world make up less than 1 half of 1 percent.

That said...no finger grooves, no "Grip Zone", very small logo, and best of all replaceable for $40 - sure seems like the 320 is better positioned as is than any of the other plastic fantastics as far as grip modding (undercuts, stippling, etc) goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.