SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sig has wisely started packing both the P365 12 round and the P365 15 round magazine with base plates to fit BOTH the P365 and the P365XL. You can pick up both as of 09/13/20 at https://gunmagwarehouse.com/all-mag...m-luger--12-round--15-round?multi_select=true.

I just picked up the 15 round magazine and swapped the 365 baseplate for the P365 XL baseplate and works fine - though I gotta say getting that 15th round in is a MONSTER. Hopefully, leaving it topped off for a week or two, then using it some will loosen up the spring.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not sure when they started doing that, but all of mine have come that way since last year. I save the XL adapters in case I ever need them.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Interesting. I have 2x12’s and a 15 on the way from GMW. I’ve been waffling between the XL or Reg grip. This will help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never seen them, please share pics, the link provided does not show that option!
Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just saw it on the Sig Website:

DETAILS
Extended 12-round steel magazine for the P365 and P365XL micro-compact pistols.

The 12-Round magazine also ships with an additional baseplate that can be easily installed in order to fit the P365XL.

The 12-Round magazine will be a flush fit in the P365XL and an extended in the P365.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sig has wisely started packing both the P365 12 round and the P365 15 round magazine with base plates to fit BOTH the P365 and the P365XL. You can pick up both as of 09/13/20 at https://gunmagwarehouse.com/all-mag...m-luger--12-round--15-round?multi_select=true.

I just picked up the 15 round magazine and swapped the 365 baseplate for the P365 XL baseplate and works fine - though I gotta say getting that 15th round in is a MONSTER. Hopefully, leaving it topped off for a week or two, then using it some will loosen up the spring.
upLULA can be your friend.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've been trying to talk myself into an XL gripframe, but the 12 round mag achieves the same feel without changing anything.
So, time to let well enough alone.
Moon

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
the 12 round mag achieves the same feel without changing anything.
Not Really...

* You feel the 12 round Baseplate in the 365..You don't in the XL

* Changing 12 Round Magazines in the P365 can cause the Large Baseplate to hang up in the palm.

* The flush Fit 12 Round Mag in the XL falls away easily when Mag changes are needed.

* XL Grip does not have the Separation feel of Mag & Grip as in the P365.

* The XL feels as it is..one solid grip in the hand.

I don’t like the feel of the xl grip but find the 12 round fit just right.
And that in itself is OK for you..

* The XL is just a different option..

The 2 Grips are not 1 is Right and 1 is Wrong..
BUT
To each their own.

·
Registered
822 Posts
id say for the last year the new mags come with both bases.
The last few weeks 15rd mags have been OOS everywhere ive looked.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I'm running my 365 with the XL grip, I don't have to get my pinky out of the way to avoid getting it pinch, when changing mags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts