SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not just that, but it looks like they did a poor job at it, too. It appears to slant up a little.

I don't know who Roco used previously as their importer/engraver, but I don't recall the X-Six I bought from them last year was engraved at that location.

·
Banned
185 Posts
Not just that, but it looks like they did a poor job at it, too. It appears to slant up a little.

I don't know who Roco used previously as their importer/engraver, but I don't recall the X-Six I bought from them last year was engraved at that location.

Roco used to have the Importers marking engraved under the grip on the frame. Unfortunately it does not meet this Federal criteria: "Must be conspicuously engraved, cast or stamped (impressed) on the firearm frame, receiver, barrel or slide".
I suspect a customers receiving FFL clued them in to the Federal requirement. Take the grips off of your other X-pistol and see if it is there.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roco used to have the Importers marking engraved under the grip on the frame. Unfortunately it does not meet this Federal criteria: "Must be conspicuously engraved, cast or stamped (impressed) on the firearm frame, receiver, barrel or slide".
I suspect a customers receiving FFL clued them in to the Federal requirement. Take the grips off of your other X-pistol and see if it is there.
I'll check on it later. I'm sure it's on there some where.

MMBI does the best job, imo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Inadmissible, it is always the same
I refuse to buy a pistol with massacred markings
I can not stand any scratch or mark.
But difficult to find a weapon without scratches because the sellers are not careful.:furieux:
They should be written to challenge them.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just took out the X6E Classic bought from Roco last year and checked, and, WOW! the engraving job is really amateurish.:eek:
Luckily, it's at the hidden location like maxfan said.

Interestingly, the importer is different from the marking in the pic in the OP.
Mine = BCC BANDERA TX
OP = what appears to be ROCO FT BANDERA TX

·
Banned
185 Posts
Just took out the X6E Classic bought from Roco last year and checked, and, WOW! the engraving job is really amateurish.:eek:
Luckily, it's at the hidden location like maxfan said.

Interestingly, the importer is different from the marking in the pic in the OP.
Mine = BCC BANDERA TX
OP = what appears to be ROCO FT BANDERA TX

ROCO now must be registered as an Importer with the State Department in order for them to etch their name on the frame.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
"A gun is a tool. If it shoots, it shoots! Why whine about the finish or mismatched color or scratces if it takes care of the job!"

I'm reeeally juuust waiting for one of these types to pop up on this thread and post something along this line.

Reactions: RedRiver

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
"A gun is a tool. If it shoots, it shoots! Why whine about the finish or mismatched color or scratces if it takes care of the job!"

I'm reeeally juuust waiting for one of these types to pop up on this thread and post something along this line.
When you buy a new car, it does not bother you if it has scratches everywhere?
I guess appearance does matter. Utility and efficacy? Maybe not as much.

I mean, think about it, throughout history, cute babes have always been more in demand than those with less, um, "curb appeal":rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, I know, politically incorrect . . . but men, as most females know, are pretty shallow, even to their own detriment, when it comes to such things.:)

I'll take that one with no scratches please!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I guess appearance does matter.
Of course it does :lol:

I'll be the first one to complain if one of my X5s was boogered by BubbaTech, LLC.

If appearances never mattered, nobody would really mind their cars getting keyed...

Reactions: bumper
1 - 12 of 12 Posts