SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there to all the great Sig talk members. Need a little help here, as many of you are far more knowledgeable then I. After just. over 200 rds. through my P320 RX, I have noticed a couple spots on the inside of my slide where the finish has worn off a bit. Both spots are near/at the. ejection port. One is on the top underside, basically if you held the slide upside down and looked right. at the edge of the port. The other is located on the "left wall" of the ejection port, where. the blocky part of the barrel normally rests. Is it normal. to have wear in these area's? There. are no marks on the barrel at all, and I cannot. feel any gouging on the areas. Please let me know. what. you think thank you.

Registered

Registered
Show us some pics. I keep everything well oil/greased to reduce visibility wear (i.e. Wearing off top layer of anodizing. It's normal on the p320. Some wear more than others. Have fun shooting the awesome gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Four out of five members think we need pictures to answer questions like this, so it must be true that without seeing pictures of the problem - those four don't believe they can answer your question.

I think I'll go along with the crowd. So now we're at five out of six forum members that would like to see pictures of the potential problem...;)

On a more serious note - this forum has some very knowledgeable members that are more than willing to help others resolve firearms issues. Unfortunately, we see a lot of folks asking for help/advice that simply can not explain some issues well enough for those members to help them. It is often the case that pictures are required for them to understand exactly what the issue is. Such is the case here.

Usually it just takes a moment with a cell phone to show us what we need to be able to help.

Reactions: garyji and bearone2

Registered
It's perfectly normal. All my P320's have the same marks.
It's from the barrel seating to the slide.

After 200rds, it won't get any worse because the barrel and slide are mated together by now.

Registered
Looks completely normal to me. You're good to go. Just keep those contact points well lubed/greased to slow any more wear. But it will wear no matter what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
normal

Looks like normal wear to me

Premium Member
These may be a little easier to see.

As noted above - appears to be normal wear.

Attachments

Premium Member
Your's is sharper than mine fjgiie... :mad:

Sometimes it can be hard to get the information from a darker picture but that's all some can offer. When I see something I can easily lighten up - if it's just a quick improvement I try to do that. In this case - it did need a little help. If you did the other and it's also sharper - post it as well. Looks good <he says, heading back to the darkroom>.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.