SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Initial observations are very positive, other than reassembly. My EDC has been a Ruger SR9c, which I love, but I have been flirting with trying pocket carry for a little while. I came across a ridiculous deal on a p938 Equinox and couldn't pass it up. Brought her home last night.

Very pretty. Fired it a few times and was pleasantly surprised by how controlled the recoil was.

Broke it down and got initiated into how hard it is to get the spring back in. Ugh. Sure hope this little guy likes running dirty. Haha.

Next step is picking a holster. I use an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3 with the Ruger. Thinking about a Remora or DeSantis because I like the idea of a holster that can be used for pocket and either IWB or OWB. I might also just get an AG shell that fits my current holster. We'll see.

Anyway, greetings from Durham, NC.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice one.

I'll be joining you in the next couple days with learning the unique aspects of this little gun.

Hope mine has a trigger that feels as good as the initial P938 I tried out the range a few weeks ago. If so, then I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations on your new 938 and welcome to the forum.

I'm a newbie too with a "new to me" SAS 938. I just got in a Remora holster for it. Love the holster but's really just good for IWB because it's too bulky for pocket carry. You might look at a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for pocket carry.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum from Ohio.

Reactions: mikeheel

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome from PA!

Nice Equinox. Bought a new P220 Equinox last month. Beautiful SIG.

Please clean, oil, and lube the 938 a lot!. Runs much better than dirty.
LOL. Yep, will do. I am a bit OCD about keeping my guns pristine.

Nice one.

I'll be joining you in the next couple days with learning the unique aspects of this little gun.

Hope mine has a trigger that feels as good as the initial P938 I tried out the range a few weeks ago. If so, then I'll be very happy.
Cool; I hope you enjoy! I had seen some complaints about the trigger, but it seems fine to me so far. Here's hoping yours is great!

Congrats and welcome from SE MI.

The recoil spring gets easier to install as it wears in and softens. About the time it gets easy...it's time to replace it.
LOL; that figures! But at least there's hope it will get a little easier. I figured it would with some break-in.

Use a cleaning rod or similar inserted from barrel end though the slide to capture the spring and walk the guide rod down into it's seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCYsXf7BOBM
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I was thinking there had to be a viable trick to it.

Congratulations on your new 938 and welcome to the forum.

I'm a newbie too with a "new to me" SAS 938. I just got in a Remora holster for it. Love the holster but's really just good for IWB because it's too bulky for pocket carry. You might look at a Uncle Mike's holster for pocket carry.
Gracias! Also thinking about the Sticky holster. Currently experimenting with a custom leather pocket holster I had for my SR9c that is a surprisingly close fit for the p938 (the SR9c can "fit" inside some pockets, but it is nowhere close to ideal for it). Not quite an exact fit, but close enough to get a sense for it. And I'm borrowing a DeSantis my brother has used for his Kimber Solo. That fits well, but it seems bulkier than I anticipated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi from Vegas, I also have the Equinox in both .380 and 9mm. love them both. I have carried the P-238 in a Remora 11 years or better. When I bought the 938 3 years ago I bought another Remora for it. Living in Vegas I ordered a full sweat shield for the 938. I have tried pocket carry, and don't like it, to each his own. It's to hard to draw in a pair or jeans, and to big and heavy in dress slacks.
I carry In side the waist band daily and never had a problem. The Remora does stay in place. If your summers are warm and or if you sweat a lot order the Remora with a full sweat shield. See attached photo. The 938 is on the right with a full sweat shield. The 238- on the left is with the Original Remora and after all the years carrying daily looks still looks new.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Hi from Vegas, I also have the Equinox in both .380 and 9mm. love them both. I have carried the P-238 in a Remora 11 years or better. When I bought the 938 3 years ago I bought another Remora for it. Living in Vegas I ordered a full sweat shield for the 938. I have tried pocket carry, and don't like it, to each his own. It's to hard to draw in a pair or jeans, and to big and heavy in dress slacks.
I carry In side the waist band daily and never had a problem. The Remora does stay in place. If your summers are warm and or if you sweat a lot order the Remora with a full sweat shield. See attached photo. The 938 is on the right with a full sweat shield. The 238- on the left is with the Original Remora and after all the years carrying daily looks still looks new.
I have a Remora, with the Sweat Shield for my P238. Perfect.

Reactions: mikeheel

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have a Remora, with the Sweat Shield for my P238. Perfect.
Remora for my 938 too...works very well!

Fyi, the Remora is better than the DeSantis Nemesis IMO because the muzzle end of the Remora is closed and keeps dirt and lint out. I own both holsters plus a Sticky holster. Sticky is very good, but not as durable as the Remora...

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Remora for my 938 too...works very well!

Fyi, the Remora is better than the DeSantis Nemesis IMO because the muzzle end of the Remora is closed and keeps dirt and lint out. I own both holsters plus a Sticky holster. Sticky is very good, but not as durable as the Remora...
Almost got the Sticky, after reading a review in one of the gun mags. Then read about Remora. Durability sold me. I also got the optional Plush Lining. My P238 Blackwood needs some comfort!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.