SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a bit figured I should say hello. My first handgun many moons ago was a P239 in 9mm. I have to say I have a bit of ADD when it comes to firearms so there have been many different models and manufacturers that have hung from my belt.

Well when the Legion series came out I was intrigued. Like many others the whole thing sounded pretty gimicky to me. But I did some research and read a lot of reviews and a lot of people that had shot them felt they while the price was a bit steep you really were getting a pretty good deal figuring what it would cost to recreate the same gun.

So I decided while I just couldn't make myself walk down to my LGS and buy a brand spankin new one I'd keep my eye out on the local gun boards in case one came along. Well low and behold several months ago a P229 came along at a good price that included a couple nice holsters. Two days later I was the owner of a P229 Legion.

My EDC up until the purchase of the Legion was a Springfield XD Mod 2 Subcompact in 9mm. Well needless to say one trip to the range was all it took for me to fall in love with the Legion and have a new EDC! Couldn't be happier with the purchase. The only thing I may do at some point is pick up a threaded barrel so I can get a suppressor for it. But that would just be for giggles...certainly not real high on the priority list.

I've already found a lot of great information on this board and look forward to learning much more in the future!

Dave

·
Registered
55,927 Posts
i've got 2 married sons in oly.

welcome from az

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Welcome from Florida. The P229 Legion is a great choice. One of my Two EDC is a P229 and on days when clothing doesn't permit, it's my P239. Best of luck and enjoy it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Welcome from PA! SIG 229 is my favorite gun. Legion or not.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings Dave and Welcome from Alaska.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.