SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
No. They all have a lifespan which will extinguish. How old are they?

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
I have a question for you experts. When a nite sight goes dark is there anything that can be done to revive them?
If they are Trijicon sights you can send them back and they will re-lamp them. They actually put new tritium tubes in the existing metal sight base. Their cost is like $54 for front and rear.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Revive them no. Replacement is an option. Trijicon (I am not sure of other mfgs) can replace the vials in the steel sights. This can save you some money over new sights, as the steel sights themselves represent a fair portion of the cost of the nite sites.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
If they are Trijicons the year of manufacture is printed right on them so knowing if they're <12 years old should be easy. It's $18 per lamp plus shipping as I recall.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I just sent my Slide on a 239 to SiG to have it bead blasted. Had already put sights on it so it was just a "Ship to and from" transaction. But you better keep a watch on Fedex. I don't know it is with Fedex and Firearms these days, but their tracking goes ape sick and looses things. You have to keep on them.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
When I sent my P229 and the 9mm x-change kit to SIG for fitting they emailed me a shipping label and I sent the gun and the x-change kit directly via FedEx. After the work was done they sent it back to me. No FFL involved, just signature and ID required on delivery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.