SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. 1st post in here. Months ago while at the range, I got to shoot two different 1911's (remington r1 and a ruger commander) and almost instantly fell in love with the 1911 style. I went home and started researching and pricing out the hundreds of different options. I looked into Sigs line and pretty much narrowed my next purchase to either a C3 or the carry nightmare. But, for the life of me, I can't decide between the two. I want this gun primarily for the range, but also want to have the option to carry it as well. None of the local gun shops or big box stores have had either model in stock, so I haven't gotten the chance to handle them to make my choice easier.
I think both guns are about as aesthetically pleasing as a gun can be. Just wondering if anyone owns/ has carried both of these pistols and can give some feedback. Does the rounded fastback grip of the nightmare carry compensate for the slightly longer grip, compared to the slightly shorter c3 grip?
LOL the only feedback I've gotten so far has been "ya can't go wrong with either."

·
Registered
35,153 Posts
I had a C3 once and it carried fine, with the officer size grip. I never held the carry nightmare, but I will be at the NRA this Friday and will look them over. The C3 is a real good looker so I lean that way. I'm a sucker for two tone sometimes.
Any 1911 is worth owning.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the C3 and love it. Still breaking it in, and not carrying it yet, but definitely will. I've shot a number of other full-size 1911s, and the C3 was just as accurate and the feel was excellent.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No I did not. I did some rapid fire with the C3 this weekend, at 7 yards. Was able to put 4 of 5 rounds in the 4 inch target with the C3. Recoil is very manageable and accuracy is excellent. I think some 40s have more recoil than 45 1911s, in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts