SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That seems like a low price for a new Legion. Has the downward pricing bottomed at 980 or will we see Legions for less?

I picked up a Aug 2016 P229 legion last weekend at the local gunshow for 850 but that was not unfired although in excellent shape but with less than 500 rounds the rails show more wear than my 5 year old M11A-1 with thousands of rounds fired.
It is easier to tell how "used" a Legion is compared to the normal finish on other Sigs but I really don't count that as a good thing

What prices are we to expect on Legions if you care to say
Here is the link to the completed auction. If that is not kosher to post please say so and i will remove the link pronto (Not an active auction)
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/632735902

Legion I picked up last weekend

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The gun market isn't really much of a market. It's just take what you can get. People will always try to undercut you, so, list high and sell high is a seller's goal.

·
Registered
55,922 Posts
when you've beaten all the other players, it doesn't how much you've spent.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
As we head into the summer manufacturers, distributors and dealers are going to give away the farm on everything to create cash flow. This is just the beginning.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I bought my Legion 229/9MM off of GB, never fired but from the original owner, for $975.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wulfmann,
That's a fantastic pic you took.
Thanks, I try hard to just make it look as it actually does.

Guns can be tricky to photograph almost never looking right. Like the plumber who never fixes his own sink I hate to spend any time messing with photos (retired photojournalist) which just makes it more annoying.

Here are 2 photos of the same Kimber. Different lighting (duh)
I am showing the SN because it is hard to believe it is the exact same pistol

This is what it would normally look like in person

Change the lighting intensity and angle and:

And yes different days after changing the grips

Now, imagine bidding on the 1911 based on the below picture when it does not look anything like that in real life but has the finish of the top picture

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I think we may see them dip a little more, maybe say to $899 or so, but on the whole I think they will probably hover around the $1000 mark. My LGS sells them for $1150.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Thanks, I try hard to just make it look as it actually does.

Guns can be tricky to photograph almost never looking right. Like the plumber who never fixes his own sink I hate to spend any time messing with photos (retired photojournalist) which just makes it more annoying.

Here are 2 photos of the same Kimber. Different lighting (duh)
I am showing the SN because it is hard to believe it is the exact same pistol

This is what it would normally look like in person

Change the lighting intensity and angle and:

And yes different days after changing the grips

Now, imagine bidding on the 1911 based on the below picture when it does not look anything like that in real life but has the finish of the top picture

They can be tricky but it's really not that difficult to an accurate picture to represent the condition of a gun. If that gun showed up like to me, It would be denied at the transfer and the seller would lose out on time and shipping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My LGS sells the P229 for $1125 so I can imagine a used one going for < 1000 easily.

I can't imagine a case where I would pay more than 75% of the new price for a "previously sold" whether NIB or shot for a standard production gun i.e. not a collectors item.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why they don't make SAS no rail Legions for weirdos like me I don't know?
Wulfmann nice pic. But the gun itself and that blocky railed frame just turns me off.
That is why God in his infinite wisdom did degree there would be an M11A-1 :angel:

The Legion is a great shooter but I prefer the M11A-1.
I need a rail on my nightstand gun and that is about it so a rail and longer Beavertail just makes the Legion a non carry for me

·
Registered
481 Posts
prices will drop especially with the RX options on 320 & 226 available. LGS might not get the memo but will just lose sale IMHO as inventory mounts post-Obama/Hillary.

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
Why they don't make SAS no rail Legions for weirdos like me I don't know?
Wulfmann nice pic. But the gun itself and that blocky railed frame just turns me off.
Remember the Legion series is "warrior inspired". The Legion is supposed to for us real "operators" that need to mount all kinds of tactical stuff on it. Like maybe a bipod or something.

:lol:

Reactions: SlySleuth

·
Registered
62 Posts
Glad i saw this post, i just found one on armslist with 100 rnds fired (supposdedly)
that was for sale for $1K. I thought that was a great price considering the msrp on them is 1439. I think I'll wait and see how far the market bottoms on these. At any rate i won't buy a used one for $1k now. Timely post, Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think I'll wait and see how far the market bottoms on these. At any rate i won't buy a used one for $1k now. Timely post, Thanks!
This is like playing the stock market. How low will these pistols go? I don't want to buy one and have it go for $200 less the next week.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought p226 SAO at lgs Friday for $975 out the door. She's brand new in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts