SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Since I don’t have a 45 ACP yet, I’m considering a Sig 220 stainless or something similar. Any recommendations for a sweet looking 45 semi-safe queen? Looking for great quality, stainless, sub $2k gun, buy and hold.
My SD/EDC package is set up exactly how I want it so no needs there. I find myself being drawn to cool Sigs that aren’t made anymore. These were my most recent acquisitions.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Trigger Air gun Wood Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm not a fan of Kel-tec products (Actually I'm not a fan of George Kellgren from pre-Keltec days). So I wouldn't buy a PMR-30. I also think .22 Mag is too expensive for plinking, and from a handgun too under powered as a "Backup Gun".

I would get a .22LR for plinking and something more powerful as the backup. (although I guess it depends what you consider a backup gun)
I owned one. Saw it at a gun show and thought it was so cool that I had to have it. It was way too expensive to feed and was very cheaply made. I got rid of it as soon as I actually shot it but YMMV. I’ll have to agree with Vafish on this one.

As far as my next purchase, it’s on the way here from Sig as we speak. P229 Legion SAO. It’s going to be my new EDC. I’ve owned SA/DAs for years and thought they were great. A few months back I bought a P220 in SAO and was blown away. I’m currently replacing all of my SA/DAs with SAO. So far I have 220 10mm, 220 45, and now 229 all Legion SAOs. I guess next on my list after I receive the 229 in a few days will be to replace my P226 with a Legion SAO version as well.

·
Registered
...waiting for a P320 AXG in .45 ACP
104 Posts
My next BIG purchase is / will hopefully be a new Sig P220 10mm SAO. At a "decent" price, that is...

·
Registered
...waiting for a P320 AXG in .45 ACP
104 Posts
I need a P220 10mm to close my loop on 10mm shooters, a Kimber Rapide 10mm 1911 and a Smith & Wesson M610-3 revolver.

All my other Legions are all SOA's, so I gotta keep the trend up...

A CMMG Banshee 300 Pistol, Mk10, 10MM would be considered a "grail" weapon as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since I don’t have a 45 ACP yet, I’m considering a Sig 220 stainless or something similar. Any recommendations for a sweet looking 45 semi-safe queen? Looking for great quality, stainless, sub $2k gun, buy and hold.
The CZ 97BD with a Cajun Guns work over will be a fantastic 45 ACP for you. I have 1911's, P220 stainless 45 and 10 mm, MK 45 and MK23 but the CZ is the most fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I need a P220 10mm to close my loop on 10mm shooters (Kimber Rapide 10mm 1911 and a Smith & Wesson M610-3.

All my other Legions are all SOA's, so I gotta keep the trend up...
The P220 Legion 10mm SAO is very nice....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Want a classic 1911…my first! Trying to decide on a 4.25” or 5” barrel and a 45 acp or 9mm. Strictly a range queen. I’m a senior so I’m thinking 9mm for a softer shooter and less cost in ammo….but 45 acp is classic. Thinking Ed Brown? Decisions, decisions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Like Hammer, I want nothing, and need even less. I'm happy holding on to what I have.

Reactions: bearone2 and Hammer

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got two P220's a full size and carry in nitron finish, to go with my other .45's. but I got a 365xl and just got a Springfield XDE. 45
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Grey

·
Registered
575 Posts
A P225-1A . Been looking on GB but all the good ones are going for around $900. I had the opportunity to but one from a member here for $825 but passed. Now I am kicking myself. On the other hand, just bought a S&W Model 48 Classic new in box on GB for $660. Good deal. Pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
10mm 220. Preferably a Scorpion.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts