SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
P226 Legion 9mm
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don’t have a 45 ACP yet, I’m considering a Sig 220 stainless or something similar. Any recommendations for a sweet looking 45 semi-safe queen? Looking for great quality, stainless, sub $2k gun, buy and hold.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sig P220 is good. Many choices with hammer fired as you have identified as your preference. The other main type is 1911 style and they are great also. Get the one you want after trying some out. I have a variety of .45 caliber handguns and like them a lot.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
I’d suggest a Colt Rail Gun for a nice .45 auto.

I’ve got one (the m45a1) and that thing just runs like a top. My m45a1 is stainless then ion bonded FDE. When the finish is worn enough I’ll either bead blast it or have it ion bonded black or silver.

Or Dan Wesson makes really nice 1911’s. Owned several of both. Both have been very nice.

The Dan Wesson’s I’ve had have felt better fit wise, but only because they are tightly fit. To be honest the colts ive had were no slouch, a super high end gun doesn’t mean much to me if it doesn’t function reliability.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So my first handgun when I turned 21 was a nice kimber stainless TLE RL 2. Shot that thing a ton, then traded a surplus Czech pistol for a early 90’s P220 that was a truck gun, kinda rough and didn’t feed ammo. Found cracked mags in the p 220 and that thing was %100 reliable after that... then found it I shot it much better that my expensive 1911.

Ended up trading off the 1911 off on and rifle and sold the German P220 and upgraded/ downgraded for a new American railed p 220 and the new one is still one of my favorites ( maybe not quite as smooth as my w German one was but close)

Also out of the box the kimber had a broken pin on the ejector and the slide lock spring was so weak that recoil would throw the slide lock up every few rounds. Needless to say I will never waste my money on a kimber again.
And I think I would go P220 over a 1911 every time

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you don't have a 1911, every collection needs one.
I have a 1911, but now I'd like another one. I bought one of the mil-surplus 1911's CMP sold. I've enjoyed shooting it so much I'd like to get another one. .45 ACP is just such a sweet round to shoot.

I also keep toying with the idea of getting a Kel-Tec PMR-30 in .22 Mag for plinking duty and as backpack gun. I had one in my hand onetime at a gun store and was going to buy it, but it just seemed like a toy and I didn't. Now I wish I would have...I think. Still not 100% sure on this one.

Phil

·
Registered
15,892 Posts
An
Since I don’t have a 45 ACP yet, I’m considering a Sig 220 stainless or something similar. Any recommendations for a sweet looking 45 semi-safe queen? Looking for great quality, stainless, sub $2k gun, buy and hold.
ALL METAL Sig P series that IS NOT a legion or nightmare. Most likely a 226 or 938.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a 1911, but now I'd like another one. I bought one of the mil-surplus 1911's CMP sold. I've enjoyed shooting it so much I'd like to get another one. .45 ACP is just such a sweet round to shoot.

I also keep toying with the idea of getting a Kel-Tec PMR-30 in .22 Mag for plinking duty and as backpack gun. I had one in my hand onetime at a gun store and was going to buy it, but it just seemed like a toy and I didn't. Now I wish I would have...I think. Still not 100% sure on this one.

Phil

I'm not a fan of Kel-tec products (Actually I'm not a fan of George Kellgren from pre-Keltec days). So I wouldn't buy a PMR-30. I also think .22 Mag is too expensive for plinking, and from a handgun too under powered as a "Backup Gun".

I would get a .22LR for plinking and something more powerful as the backup. (although I guess it depends what you consider a backup gun)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm not a fan of Kel-tec products (Actually I'm not a fan of George Kellgren from pre-Keltec days). So I wouldn't buy a PMR-30. I also think .22 Mag is too expensive for plinking, and from a handgun too under powered as a "Backup Gun".

I would get a .22LR for plinking and something more powerful as the backup. (although I guess it depends what you consider a backup gun)
"Backpack"...as in something to throw in my backpack if I'm going hiking, or put in a dry bag and carry if I'm going kayaking.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gonna sound plain but a P365XL or a HK VP9SK.

Going back and forth between the two currently.
I've shot both and the VP9SK feels better in my hand and shoots very good.
P365XL also feels good, not AS good as the VP9SK but man that gun is thin. For EDC I don't see a gun better than that currently.

·
Premium Member
P226 9mm Legion LE, P229 9mm Legion LE, P229 357 Sig, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, SP-01
253 Posts
I found another P320 Carry Pro in stock and I'm trying to look away from the light. Hell, I just bought a Beretta CX4 that hasn't even gotten to my FFL yet and I'm already thinking about buying this P320. Something is wrong with me 🤦

Also...Been looking for a matte stainless CZ 75 for awhile.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Honestly, nothing at the moment. I have everything I need and more.

(Since buying an MPX-K this week...)
Have you posted your MPX-K pics yet? Curious on your decision process and plans for "add ons".

·
Premium Member
P226 9mm Legion LE, P229 9mm Legion LE, P229 357 Sig, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, SP-01
253 Posts
P365XL also feels good, not AS good as the VP9SK but man that gun is thin. For EDC I don't see a gun better than that currently.
The Hellcat is the only one I've come across and they most likely copied the P365. I EDC the Hellcat and I like it, but will probably end up with a P365 eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Have you posted your MPX-K pics yet? Curious on your decision process and plans for "add ons".
No not yet. I'm planning on keeping it pretty light and simple, but I have a few add-ons coming later this week, and then I'll post some pics. (y)

Reactions: fotog
1 - 20 of 65 Posts