SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked these up. On top we have a Browning .280 Rem. BAR, with a Swarovski 1.5-6X40 mount, and on bottom is a Remington 870 with fiber optic rifle sights.

The Lone Ranger is a new Remington 870P magnum 7+1 with wood furniture I put on layaway today.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Remington shotguns, from the early days, were perfect.

870 Pump action and 1100 Semi-Auto are legendary.

On the subject of bolt action rifles, Model 700s still rule.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the subject of bolt action rifles, Model 700s still rule.
Agreed! Frankly, I think the Remington 700 is the best rifle ever made. This BAR is one that is a family piece that I acquired to keep it in the family. I'm told it will out shoot my uncle's custom .280, which has a Rem 700 bolt. We'll see! :D

Reactions: sigsrok

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,635 Posts
GCBHM, once again you share some nice gains! That BAR in .280 Remington interests me, from the standpoint the first Mauser I ever "remodeled" included an E. R. Shaw barrel in that caliber, I installed on it. I just wanted something different, and it was quite a good shooter.
Your "new" 870P... does it have a "Rem choke" as the older acquisition does?

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Agreed! Frankly, I think the Remington 700 is the best rifle ever made. This BAR is one that is a family piece that I acquired to keep it in the family. I'm told it will out shoot my uncle's custom .280, which has a Rem 700 bolt. We'll see! :D
Glad we think alike!

I have had a new 700 BDL, .30-06 since 1991. Leupold Vari X, 3x9 scope. Shot many deer with this rifle in NW PA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.