SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded into 1911 XO Nitron .45 and I have ?s. I'm new to a 1911 platform.....other than carrying one for 6 years in the army. I want to put new grips on it and possibly change out the trigger to a skeletonized one. Are 1911 parts generally universal or are they model specific?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
193 Posts
Changing out the stocks will be no problem. Fitting a trigger is pretty simple. Most come oversized from top to bottom on the trigger pad. Just file/stone a little of the top and bottom until it’ll fit into the trigger channel in the frame.

Occasionally, you may have to tweak the grip safety tab where it contacts the rear of the trigger bow for it to function properly with the new trigger; but that doesn’t happen too often.

The first rule of 1911’s is; there are no “drop in” parts. Sometimes you’ll get lucky; but don’t bet on it.

If you want to be able to just “plug and play;” stick to glocks and AR’s.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changing out the stocks will be no problem. Fitting a trigger is pretty simple. Most come oversized from top to bottom on the trigger pad. Just file/stone a little of the top and bottom until it’ll fit into the trigger channel in the frame.

Occasionally, you may have to tweak the grip safety tab where it contacts the rear of the trigger bow for it to function properly with the new trigger; but that doesn’t happen too often.

The first rule of 1911’s is; there are no “drop in” parts. Sometimes you’ll get lucky; but don’t bet on it.

If you want to be able to just “plug and play;” stick to glocks and AR’s.
Thank You for your reply. Any trigger recommendation?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
I refitted a Colt with Cylinder and Slide action parts, and they are outstanding.

Reactions: badhatharry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts