SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to Sigs and new to SigTalk. I just bought the P320 Carry in .45 and have yet to shoot it. I'd like some advice on two topics:

• IWB holster options; and
  • ammo, for target and carry.

For the holster, I've been debating going with Alien Gear for a while, especially since I have a few pistols that I'd like to carry and I like the idea of being able to switch out shells. Unfortunately now they have a new "ShapeShift" system that looks to be interesting, but it isn't yet available for any Sigs. My current carry pistol is a Springfield XDS in .45 and I use a simple leather holster at 5 o'clock. Would love to hear what you all are using.

As for the ammo, I know the best ammo is whatever shoots best in my gun, for me - but I'm hoping to narrow down the options that I try out based on what others have found to be successful. I have Hornady Critical Defense for my XDS, but anticipate that another round might be better for the 320.

BTW, do any ammo suppliers offer a "starter" or "sample pack" for a particular caliber? It would be cool to go online and pick a package of 5 defensive rounds for the 45 (or for my incoming 9mm Legion - which would be another thread) so I can shoot all and choose the best performer - without having to buy a box of 20 of each kind.

[Apologies if these topics have been covered before. I searched the forum for similar threads but was overwhelmed by the results.]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow newb. Holsters like a lot of things are very subjective and you'll go through a few before you find one that gives you wood. You'll want to try out a cheap IWB for the .45 especially if you don't ordinarily carry IWB as it's going to be thick. Thick sidearms are rough on your side If you wear them IWB.
As far as ammo, Staying with a relatively known manufacturer, using brass casings and minimizing lead by using FMJs, it will be a matter of buying in bulk (1000 rounds) from online sellers like Midway, Ammo.com and Academy etc. I bought 400 rounds from Academy just recently and they shipped em free to my door. Depending on where you live you should be able to do likewise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just shot a whole bunch of different defensive ammo through my P320C .45 today. It ate everything we threw at it including Winchester, Cor-Bon, Hornady, and Speer. If you favor Hornady Critical Defense in an XDS (I have that gun as well) then it'll probably be fine in the 320. Run a couple mags of it to verify and carry on.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Which performed the best for you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
I usually carry 230gr Gold Dots (Standard Pressure). All of my 45's have worked flawlessly with it, so I've found no reason to change. Just about any 230gr ball ammo should work for target practice.
I generally use a pancake style OWB holster, so not much to say on IWB.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk and congrats on your new 320cr. I hope you enjoy it. The 320's are great shooters. I think you chose wisely. Good luck on your holster quest. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome from TN!

Reactions: ExMany

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my Legion 229 yesterday. Unfortunately I've already got another Sig on my list.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.