SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. How's everybody? Was offered a sig 226r .357sig police trade in for $500. Is this the going price? Can anybody tell me about the quality and build of these newer sigs..anything I should watch out for? Save my money? Where they were made?posting pics soon. Box is dated 2014?:confused:short extractor?... And I am using the search function and researching while await some answers from the sig gurus. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
That's a decent price. Probably shot very little. Looks to be in good shape. It's a US frame based on the UU serial number. I suspect it's much older than 2014 (could also be an old frame/gun that's been laying around SIG for a while). Slide looks like it says SIGArms on the left side, so it more than likely was made before like 2008 or so when they changed to SIG Sauer (at least the slide was).

Not a DAK gun because there is a decocker and has a normal hammer. DAK has a stub of a hammer.

I'd probably buy it if I was in the market for one.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It's not DAK, it has a decocker, if you want more history on that particular gun call SIG and inquire with them over the phone by giving them the serial number (if the seller allows you to have it); they can tell you the inception date, where it went after that, and if it ever returned for service after being built. $500 is decent for an all metal gun.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
A lot of people shy away from police used guns because they assume that they get used hard and put away wet. If it is possible I would disassemble the frame from the slide and look at the internals for abnormal wear patterns. Some wear is normal and nothing to worry about. In my area a used 226 would be about the same price so you would do alright by getting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts