Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just registered and figured I’d throw out an introduction.

I grew up around guns and hunting. I moved to a more urban environment in the Seattle area after a stint in the Navy and just got away from guns altogether for many years.

About 3 years ago I just felt the itch to get a gun. I picked up a Beretta 92FS. I figured it would be fun to take to the range and liked the idea of having a handgun around for HD.

Over the past 3 years the gun thing has just turned into a fun hobby. I really enjoy going to the range and blasting a few rounds once or twice a month. It also gives me some piece of mind to have a few guns at home that I am proficient with. I’m not a hard core prepper or anything but it’s a crazy world we live in.

My first Sig was a P238 as I wanted something pocketable. Then a P226 Extreme. Most recently a P227 SAS gen 2 carry.

I’m really diggin’ the 227 and it’s not just because it’s my newest. There’s just something about it. The only thing I did to it was throw some Hogue G10 black checkered grips on it.

I’ve been considering picking up a P239. That’s what drew me to the forum.

I look forward to soaking up some information here and throwing my humble opinion out on topics that resonate with me.

Keith

·
🎖USAF Veteran
3,160 Posts
Welcome, Keith, from someone who will very soon be leaving Washington State.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just registered and figured I’d throw out an introduction.

I grew up around guns and hunting. I moved to a more urban environment in the Seattle area after a stint in the Navy and just got away from guns altogether for many years.

About 3 years ago I just felt the itch to get a gun. I picked up a Beretta 92FS. I figured it would be fun to take to the range and liked the idea of having a handgun around for HD.

Over the past 3 years the gun thing has just turned into a fun hobby. I really enjoy going to the range and blasting a few rounds once or twice a month. It also gives me some piece of mind to have a few guns at home that I am proficient with. I’m not a hard core prepper or anything but it’s a crazy world we live in.

My first Sig was a P238 as I wanted something pocketable. Then a P226 Extreme. Most recently a P227 SAS gen 2 carry.

I’m really diggin’ the 227 and it’s not just because it’s my newest. There’s just something about it. The only thing I did to it was throw some Hogue G10 black checkered grips on it.

I’ve been considering picking up a P239. That’s what drew me to the forum.

I look forward to soaking up some information here and throwing my humble opinion out on topics that resonate with me.

Keith
Welcome!

Love my Beretta M9 as much as any SIG. Got a P238 last year. Daily carry gun.

Glad to have you as a new member.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Howdy,
I've got the P239 G2 SAS...I've had it for a about 2 years. Just pulled the trigger on Crimson Trace grips ($50 rebate going on). The P239 is a great shooter and I'm more accurate with it than my SP2022...... Just wanted to play with the laser and have some fun.

I want a 226 and the Extreme is the one I'm looking for. ( Hogue G-10 Grips, Sig Night Sights,and SRT). .......Are you happy with this gun? I'm Pretty sure I'm going to love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Howdy,

I want a 226 and the Extreme is the one I'm looking for. ( Hogue G-10 Grips, Sig Night Sights,and SRT). .......Are you happy with this gun? I'm Pretty sure I'm going to love it.
I'm very happy with it. Great gun. I've got about 1200 rounds through it. No malfunctions of any sort. Smooth shooter. Great trigger. The black and gray pirhana grips top it off with a cool look and feel. I'm more accurate with it than any of my other pistols.

I'm pretty sure you're going to love it. :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome on board.
I'm by no means an expert, I learn something new every day, but in the last 37 years I managed to acquire some experience with handguns so now I try to share what I learned.
SIG Sauers and USGI 1911s are my favourite guns.
To me this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to.*

Shoot safe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.