SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if I am late to this, haven't seen this posted anywhere but then again haven't been paying that close attention.

I have not really been a big fan of XD's from the times I've gotten to shot these, but my experience with them is not vast by any means. That said, this looks to be interesting foray into the subcompact da/sa market.

I won't be an early adopter with this gun but certainly could consider this if it turns out to be reliable and a solid gun for times when I need deep concealment. Kind of glad someone is hitting the market with a small subcompact da/sa option. Will be curious if others follow.

So what are your thoughts about this one?

Springfield Armory | XD-E? Announcement

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That does look promising. If only it was available in .40.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
It's interesting. Seems there is some heartburn over it due to sellouts, etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Boy I don't know about that one. Single stack, limited round capacity, DA/SA...not sure what this would offer over my 225, 239 or Ultra 1911 other then a tad bit smaller and I'm a SA fan at least their 1911's.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
It looks like a nice peice and always happy to see new hammer fired guns come to market. However, after siding with the anti gunners in Illinois I've removed Springfield and Rock River off the list of companies I'll support.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Late to the game? Maybe, but not many polymer da/sa options that are small single stack. Weight, for what you get in capacity on the 239 is not a very good trade off for many. Maybe not on this forum but certainly the majority. Love mine but just doesn't get carried much for that reason and the fact that my 320 in sc or compact is a lighter option with more capacity. But you might be right, honestly will be a bit surprised if they take off like hot cakes.

Just a little surprised to see this from Springfield when all the major players in the da/sa space are all introducing SF options with sig, cz, HK,and beretta have all put a lot of r&d into SF options.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Just a little surprised to see this from Springfield when all the major players in the da/sa space are all introducing SF options with sig, cz, HK,and beretta have all put a lot of r&d into SF options.
Agreed, I would have not expected this and even more so from Springfield. It looks like a nice gun but maybe at the wrong time, I don't see a big market for it but time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed, I would have not expected this and even more so from Springfield. It looks like a nice gun but maybe at the wrong time, I don't see a big market for it but time will tell I guess.
Well the good news is that most manufactures realize that they have to continue to try and innovate or introduce better product or they'll be left behind. That means a lot of great options for us.

Heck even mighty glock is putting front serrations on their slides and removing finger grooves, which is kind of funny. Next I guess they'll make a big deal about putting on decent sights on their gun. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts