SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
I love it. Give her a detailed cleaning, replace springs, and you should be good to go. I'm not even sure I'd refinish it--let it show its honest wear.

Can you post a close-up of the marking just behind the trigger pin?

Registered
I am probably going to use it as a carry gun, so it will probably get a duracoat finish. Nice, easy and durable.
Here is a picture of the marking.
Huh. I don't recognize it. It's probably an inventory/arsenal mark from whatever agency/unit it served.

Very cool piece. I love guns with a service history.

Registered
I used rustoleum appliance epoxy. I have used it to refinish alot of magazines and it has held up well in that application.
I did a CZ999 frame with it, an SD9VE slide with it, and an AK mag with it. It is darn good paint. I bake it at 225* for an hour or so after painting and it is super impervious to damage.

Registered
I did a CZ999 frame with it, an SD9VE slide with it, and an AK mag with it. It is darn good paint. I bake it at 225* for an hour or so after painting and it is super impervious to damage.
Seems like I just found a way to blacken the slide of my SD9VE. Did you stripped the slide all the way down? I assume the original sights won't hold up to the 225 degrees in the oven.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update. Got about 700 rounds through the pistol and it runs great. Been looking for a set of replacement grips since the left panel had a small crack. I saw that numrich had the replacement walnut sile grips for cheap so I ordered a pair. I wasn't expecting a since they were a little over $30 shipped.
The grips fit, but poorly. The backs didn't line up very well and some fitting was required since the rubbed the trigger bar. So I sanded them to fit and and the outside as well. Put a couple of coats of tru-oil on them and they didn"t come out too bad.
I figure once I decide on a set of sights it will be done. This thing carries quite well.

Registered
I used rustoleum appliance epoxy. I have used it to refinish alot of magazines and it has held up well in that application.
I got the idea from this thread http://sigtalk.com/gun-projects/57573-magazine-refinish-appliance-epoxy.html

I want to see how well it holds up for a firearm. Since this pistol was so beat up and was so cheap it was a good candidate.
Do you have to tape off like the sight channel or anything like that? I would think the paint is thick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.