SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Sig owners! I'm new to this forum, but not new to Sig. I have an MPX with all three barrel options, and love it. The reason for my post is to share my experience with the Franklin Armory Binary Firing System trigger, and follow up experience in dealing with the customer service department at Franklin Armory. To summarize, the trigger is not supported in the MPX platform, and not easily covered by the warranty at Franklin. After only one week, and about 500 pounds, the binary trigger started to fire two rounds on the initial pull of the trigger, even though it was in single fire mode. Turns out that Franklin claims the MPX is the culprit, and that it is not mil-spec, therefore not supported for that platform. I made mention that they market repair parts for the MPX specifically, of which they indicated were for routine maintenance, after as little as 1K rounds. So, long story short: It is this man's opinion that you should NOT do business with Franklin Armory, and NOT install their BFS trigger in your MPX. You'll probably be as unhappy with the outcome as I now am.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Welcome. And that Binary trigger will get the ATF's attention sooner or later. Not sure why they are still going forward. As for the MPX, I remember when Sig said normal AR triggers were going to be Ok on that platform. Then release they took that away. Ugh.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
How do and welcome from N.C.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,353 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts