Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All from new user in Florida,

P220 45cal elite stainless
P220 10mm Lipsey's
P225A-1
P229 Legion 40cal

I have a few Glocks and Sigs. Within the Glock platform I purchased a G32(357Sig) barrel and can easily drop it in my G23 and/or G27. Is the Sig Sauer P platform similar? Specifically can a I purchase a P226 (357 Sig 4.4 inch) barrel and drop it in my P229 (40 cal 3.9 inch) even though the barrel will extend some beyond the slide such as the G32 barrel does in the G27?

Thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

·
🎖USMC Veteran Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast. Although I own both P226's and P229's I have both .40 S&W and Sig 357 barrels for both. Call Sig customer service to get a definitive answer.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

Classic collectible "USGI 1911s", full size "SIG Sauers" and "CZ" sport pistols have always been among my favourite guns.
For the range I have owned 1911s, CZs, TANFOGLIOs and half a dozen SIG Sauers; great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the SIG Sauer P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
I collected for years, then not long ago I realized that a huge pile of guns wasn't making my life any better, so I decided to thin my collection and enjoy the still too many guns that I had in my safe.
So for now no more new guns for a while, but since I've always been a 1911 aficionado I decided to keep my small collection of 1911s, and reserve the SIG Sauers and the CZ for the range.
With guns I still learn something new almost every day, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After more than 38 years of guns-ownership and reloading, I still enjoy shooting steel plates and going to the range at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good.

Reactions: rexbinary

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Tampa as well (Westchase). You new to the area? Where are you planning on doing your range practice? If you want some pointers on where to go or get stuff, just PM me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.