SIG Talk banner

New user from behind enemy lines

520 Views 27 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  sigsauerpro
Hows everyone doing? I'm posting from the democratic people's republic of Maryland. Every year this state gets harder for a 2A enthusiast to live in and I'm just about ready to move to PA or VA.

As for me, I served in the Army for eight years during the GWOT. I specialized in military intelligence.

I own several rifles and handguns but only one Sig so far but it has become my favorite handgun to shoot. It certainly has grown on me. That is a SIG Scorpion P220 Elite.

I signed up on these boards to learn more about sigs and to share my thoughts with like-minded folks.

I am also in the market for an IWB Holster for a P220 with a rail (One that will fit my SIG). If anyone on here is selling one feel free to contact me. I really like the looks of the alien gear holsters to tell ya the truth!
Reactions: GCBHM
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOLSTER! In Maryland? You must be planning an escape very soon. Welcome from another political prisoner.
Indeed I am. Hopefully by the end of spring. The house is already on the market!

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome from Fla. Moved out of Maryland about 5 years ago. I was able to get a concealed carry there as I am a retired leo. Retired before the retired leo law was established. Have conceal carry here in Fla.. With that I do not have to wait when I buy a gun. Without it there is a 3 day waiting period. Am very happy that I left Maryland.

· Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from another prisoner in the PRM. I to am trying desperately to get out. Maybe this summer.

Welcome to the board and that is a great looking pistol!

· Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from another member stuck behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Taxachusetts, the anti-2A capital of the world! Misery loves company! :cool:

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome .
Good luck on tunneling out.
It is a shame what is taking place across the nation due to draconian laws on 2A.

Hold center
Mills
While some states are passing constitutional carry laws negating the need for CCW permits recognizing that the constitution already grants us this right other states such as Maryland are going in the opposite direction.

welcome from az
I am jealous of your constitutional carry.

Welcome from another prisoner in the PRM. I to am trying desperately to get out. Maybe this summer.

Welcome to the board and that is a great looking pistol!
Good luck getting out. Sad thing is I love this state but the 2A is simply too important for me to deal with the draconian laws. I refuse to be a part of the ridiculousness that is SB 281. I haven't bought a pistol since 2013 due to the need for an HQL. All my ARs are grandfathered in pre-SB 281. Funny part about the "assault weapons ban" is that they don't define what a heavy barrel is. If a company really wanted to stick it to MD they could sell a regular M4 profile barrel, label it as HBAR and it would be perfectly legal to assemble today.

Welcome from Fla. Moved out of Maryland about 5 years ago. I was able to get a concealed carry there as I am a retired leo. Retired before the retired leo law was established. Have conceal carry here in Fla.. With that I do not have to wait when I buy a gun. Without it there is a 3 day waiting period. Am very happy that I left Maryland.
I bet. It's really nice that they passed the LEOSA but I don't think it went far enough. My personal opinion is that if you served in the military honorably you should be eligible for a nationwide permit similar to the LEOSA as long as you take and pass some sort of training course.

If Trump really, really wanted to stick it to the liberals he could try to get federal constitutional carry passed. I can already imagine the outrage, the protests and the tears from the left. We would never need to buy lube for our weapons again with that amount of tears.

Welcome from another member stuck behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Taxachusetts, the anti-2A capital of the world! Misery loves company! :cool:
Tell me about it. Everyone always loves to say how bad California has it but at least they have legal open carry for handguns without a permit. From all the research I've done Maryland has the worst gun laws in the continental 48 states. There are some really ridiculous laws in there too. Here are a few for shits and giggles.

-You can possess 30rd mags for your AR-15 but they aren't legal to purchase in state and no company will ship them to the state. It's sort of a legal gray area to drive to PA or VA, buy some and bring them back. All of mine were acquired before the ******** ban.

-This one here is a real gem. If you have an AR-15 that was grandfathered in before SB 281 (MD "Assault Weapons" Ban) and you take it out of state for a shooting competition or for any other reason it is illegal to bring the weapon back into the state.

-Finally like I said earlier Maryland still allows AR15s so long as they are HBAR. The thing is the law doesn't define what HBAR really means. Some of the companies that like to stick it to the lawmakers could market a regular M4 profile barrel/upper as an HBAR and it would be perfectly legal to assemble. It just goes to show how little these ******** politicians know about guns.

Here's a speech given by a retired captain in the Maryland state police. He tells a story where he met with a legislator and he showed him the magazine from his service weapon. The legislator thought the magazine was discarded after one use. The trooper had to explain that not only are they reusable they will probably last long enough for his son and grandson to use. These are the kind of politicians we are having to deal with when it comes to them passing "common sense" gun control if such a thing even exists.

I apologize for the long winded rant but this state and its gun laws are one huge joke.

Reactions: Dylphill85 and CLMN

· Registered
65 Posts
I apologize for the long winded rant but this state and its gun laws are one huge joke.
I just read your SB 281. :eek: :eek: :eek: Holy Geesus!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: What part of "shall not be infringed" don't they understand? :confused:

I guess, at least in some respects, Maryland might be even worse than loony moonbat Massachusetts. :eek: Hard to believe but true. :huh:

· Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from another newbie from MN. I have an Alien Gear for my SP2022 and absolutely love it. It was the first IWB holster I bought for it when I got my permit and I haven't even thought about trying another one. Next carry gun I get will get an Alien Gear. My only complaint is the screws like to loosen up which was an easy fix with some lock tite.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from another newbie from MN. I have an Alien Gear for my SP2022 and absolutely love it. It was the first IWB holster I bought for it when I got my permit and I haven't even thought about trying another one. Next carry gun I get will get an Alien Gear. My only complaint is the screws like to loosen up which was an easy fix with some lock tite.
I would have bought a holster off their website yesterday but the number of options and add-ons was a bit confusing. That and I couldn't find any single discount code.

I can NOT stand when a company says their product is so amazing a discount code would be ridiculous. SOE does discount codes multiple times a month.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.