SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just decided to get my first Sig, a full size P320 in .45. It's sitting with my FFL right now, waiting for him to get back from a gun show so I can go pick it up. Also ordered an Apex Advanced Flatty the same day which got delivered yesterday. So now the anticipation is increasing. This will be the first Sig I ever owned and the first one I shot in a long time, I was just getting out of the USCG when we switched from the M9 to the 229R. I am a long time S&W guy. My first gun was an original Sigma 9VE back when it was really regarded as a Glock rip-off. I got into firearms when polymer handguns really started to get popular outside of Glock. I have owned and sold many variations of the M&P along with two M&P15's, a Pro Series 1911, and a couple Bodyguards. Many of which were sold for car parts for a couple of Mustangs I have owned, new firearms or my latest rifle purchase, a beautiful Radian Model 1 14.5in, in .223 Wylde. Which is by far has the best build quality of any AR rifle I have seen in person or owned. Now I'm down to my EDC PC Shield 40, MP40 M2.0, Radian Model 1, and tomorrow my P320.

What really interested me in the P320 was how similar it was to purchasing an AR lower, with the fact the fire control group is what was serialized and everything else was just parts. So having multiple variations of the same weapon is easy to maintain. I know I lost a lot of the modularity with getting the .45 when it comes to changing calibers but I really wanted a new .45. I really liked the fact that I can change out the grip module at will. Whether it be for size, color/cerakote, stippling, or repair and it not cost a ton of money.

Looking forward to being part of the community and learning about Sig. Thanks for reading. Here are some pics of my current firearms. I will add some of the P320 when I get it, before and after trigger install.

Just picked it up 5/1/17. Fresh out of the case, didn't even wipe her down. Will give a proper cleaning and install the trigger this weekend.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

Reactions: Redline727

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. I'm betting you will love your new 320. They are great shooters.
I've not shot a .45 build yet.. has to be fun. I hope you enjoy your time here. A great bunch of Sig lovers here. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SigTalk from Alaska.

Reactions: Redline727

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Thank you for your service!!! Welcome to SIGTalk and to the wonderful world of Sig Sauer!!! CONGRATS on your first SIG!!! ENJOY!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.