SIG Talk banner

New (to me) Sig 229C

1301 13
Second Sig goes into my collection. Just this morning bought an immaculate
229C. It's a 40S&W. All items present in the factory case including the little container of lubricant. Can't wait to get it over to the range this weekend.
Any bitches, moans, or gripes from current users? A LEO I know swears by his and based on my great experience with the P320, I made the purchase. I understand the pistol has been discontinued but after calling New Hampshire I learned that there are plenty of parts in stock.

I'll work it a few hundred rounds before I carry it, any suggestions on IWB holsters?

Thanks in advance
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
I've had mine a while but haven't shot it much. I've put maybe 100 rounds in 40sw and 100 in 9mm. The first 50 rounds in 9mm had jams, then went home and dry cycled a few hundred times and went back and shot another 50 and no issues. I really need to shoot it some more, but it is a nice gun for sure. Congrats on a great purchase.

Registered
Agreed, congrats! I purchased the SAS about a month ago in .40 S&W. I don't shoot .40, so purchased a 9mm barrel and even more P229-1 mags; the .40 barrel will stay in my safe, I suppose. I've shot about 300+ rounds of 9mm out of it without incident. It is a great 'little' pistol. It feels just great in-hand鈥攐n par with the P225-A1, IMO.
Congrats again. You'll love it.

Registered
i had two and they were good to go. Can swap the 357 sig barrel and drop in a 9 barrel also. Sold mine because they didn't really fill any needs for me and I decided to stick with my 229 full sizes that have standard holsters, parts, etc that are in abundance. But they were accurate and the piranha grips that come on them look good and felt great in my hand. I think those grips are some of the most visually appealing out of the g19 hogues. Sold one to a friend of mine and every now and then I think about trying to talk him in to sending it back to me. Nice purchase. Sorry i cant recommend a good iwb holster. Perhaps you could pick up crossbreed supertuck off their seconds sight for a railess 229 of old. mine seemed to have almost the same frame, just chopped off at the end. Good luck.

Registered
I have one from Murph's leather also made for a 224 I own several of his holsters and it is a great value.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.