SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to my LGS to pick up some 9 mm ammo and this was sitting there.

A long slide 220 in .45 ACP.

The gun was very well taken care of and came with older style black cardboard box and one mag. The gun has the short trigger as well as the short reset. That's what sold me. The trigger is finely tuned !!

Didn't buy any ammo but came home with this. The model number is not legible from the box but appears this is a 2012 variant.

It has a 37 A serial number if that helps

Waiting for some hogue G-10 grips and mags to arrive. Then hopefully Drive some tacks :)

If anyone can assist me on the model that would be great. Is this a 220 MATCH ??

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,623 Posts
obey1, welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana. That is a very interesting P220 you have there. You can contact Sig CS with the serial number, and they should be able to provide you with a Birthdate.

Reactions: obey1

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Welcome from PA!

Not sure what P220 model that is, but is really nice!!!

Reactions: obey1

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
That is a peculiar P220. The slide says SIGArms, but I'm guessing the frame says SIG Sauer based on the serial number. The frame is newer but the slide is much older as SIGArms became SIG Sauer back in like 2008 or so. It definitely doesn't appear to be original.

Congrats either way as I bet it's a great shooter.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
That is a peculiar P220. The slide says SIGArms, but I'm guessing the frame says SIG Sauer based on the serial number. The frame is newer but the slide is much older as SIGArms became SIG Sauer back in like 2008 or so. It definitely doesn't appear to be original.
Don't be so sure of this. SIG does this more often than not, finding old slides somewhere in the back cornered parts bin, and not wanting to let them go to waste, they mated with the newer frames.

Here is an example (not mine): The gun is 2011, but with the SIGARMS slide.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SigTalk from Alaska.

Nice looking P220 !

·
Registered
821 Posts
The original grips that were on there look like the older '05-'07 vintage. It looks to me like someone tried to peel the labels off the box too. Does the serial number match the upper right label? W220-45-CP-DS?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The original grips that were on there look like the older '05-'07 vintage. It looks to me like someone tried to peel the labels off the box too. Does the serial number match the upper right label? W220-45-CP-DS?

If there was a serial number on the box it does not match the gun in any way.

Looks like a call to Sig is in order...

I put 100 rounds thru it yesterday. They were flawless. The 220 shoots very very well. A small sight adjustment was all it took to shoot 2 in groups. This is going to be my steel plate gun. I am very happy with this purchase .thanks to all that responded. I am glad I found this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
If there was a serial number on the box it does not match the gun in any way.

Looks like a call to Sig is in order...

I put 100 rounds thru it yesterday. They were flawless. The 220 shoots very very well. A small sight adjustment was all it took to shoot 2 in groups. This is going to be my steel plate gun. I am very happy with this purchase .thanks to all that responded. I am glad I found this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The serial # is the one on the upper right hand corner label. Obviously, the box does not belong to this gun, as you now know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.