SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanx to a most excellent forum member I have a LNIB P229 chambered in .357 Sig.
You really could not tell this Sig from new in box.
To say I am pleased would be quite an understatement!
This is the German framed R version. She was born on March 23, 2009. Before I got the 229, I went ahead and ordered a case of Speer Lawman.357 Sig, while on sale for $300 shipped. ...between both the 229, the .357 ammo and a case of Sellier & Bellot .45 Auto shipped for $259, its been a great month!
This 229, however will going to Texas sometime in the near future to see The Sig Armorer.
The trigger has just too much creep in it.
Other than that, shes just like a brand spankin new p229.
Ill post some pics later as well as an initial range report.
Thanx for letting me share Sig Talk.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congratulations. P229 Is my most favorite SIG.
I own 3 of them.
Railed Nitron 9mm
SAS 40 with 357 barrel and 9mm BAR-STO conversion
M11A1

Enjoy it !!!!!!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations. P229 Is my most favorite SIG.
I own 3 of them.
Railed Nitron 9mm
SAS 40 with 357 barrel and 9mm BAR-STO conversion
M11A1

Enjoy it !!!!!!
I can see why they are your favorites.
The biggest mistake I ever made with a pistol was selling my P229 Sport in .357
This one will never leave though.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nice!

If you've read any of my posts, you know the P229, 357 SIG is my favorite gun. Mine is a SAS, Gen2, which make me feel lucky to own one!

Good luck with your newly acquired SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice!

If you've read any of my posts, you know the P229, 357 SIG is my favorite gun. Mine is a SAS, Gen2, which make me feel lucky to own one!

Good luck with your newly acquired SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear ya buddy.
.357 Sig, its shoots so flat, so good and has tons of power.
Thank you for the kind words.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congratulations on your new P229!
My first and as of now only SIG is a CPO FrankenSIG - P229 .40 with a SAS legacy slide on a M11A1 frame. Got a .357 barrel for it and a 9mm x-change kit. Added a SRT kit and now its just awesome. It's definately a keeper.
I'm pretty sure you'll gonna have a blast when you take her out on a range date.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on picking up a nearly new 229. Great find! I'm anxious to hear of your range time with her.
Im really excited about this one lol.
Can't wait to get her to Robert. She'll one helluva sweet shooter imo....

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations on your new P229!
My first and as of now only SIG is a CPO FrankenSIG - P229 .40 with a SAS legacy slide on a M11A1 frame. Got a .357 barrel for it and a 9mm x-change kit. Added a SRT kit and now its just awesome. It's definately a keeper.
I'm pretty sure you'll gonna have a blast when you take her out on a range date.
Thank you!
Gotta love those Legacy slides ;)

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, single action trigger pull weight was 4.75 pounds.
Not bad at all. Still has a lot of creep though.
The double action pull weight, its pretty heavy.
My rcbs couldn't measure it.
But.........after doing what George Fennell, inventer of Weapon Shield, (fp10& shooters choice too), after taking the needle oiler and putting a drop of Weapon Shield on the hammer hooks and sear, then gently work the trigger back and forth. The single action trigger weight went from 4.75 to 4.25 pounds. But still has that darn creep im it. What was truly amazing though was how well it helped the double action! Its very smooth now.
I had the same results with my 1911, using Weapon Shield on the hammer hooks and sear. It too went from right at 5 pounds to 4.25, if I recall correctly.
At any rate, just thought I would share that.
Y'all can just google weapon shield reduce trigger pull weight and George will walk ya thru it on his video.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ready for the Range

The previous owner used Slip2000 products to maintain her. That was good enough for me to order some Slip2000 products too.
I'll tell ya, so far I LOVE this Slip2000.......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts