SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well having good Friday off, I got roped in taking my mom to the doctor very early this morning for a year check up. You know weight, vitals, breast X-rays and change the oil:D.

As trade off she let me hit a few fun shops in that part of town I do not normally get to.

I decided I wanted a p226. Caliber was not important. I also decided to go used since new is very high in cost. Looked mainly at police trades under 600 bucks.

First two shops had them in 40 but they looked like they were road hard and put up wet. They were also dao guns.

Last shop I went to had the forties but tucked away in the corner of the cabinet was a nine. Older gun made in west Germany one mag only and nite sites were dead. I went to the owner and he dropped the price to 300 bucks out the door. Pays to have good relations with the owner.

Now comes the hunt for new sites, extra mag and the time to go shooting.

Eta: complete gun was made in Germany. Other than the sites, the inside looks almost new.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Older gun made in west Germany one mag only and nite sites were dead. I went to the owner and he dropped the price to 300 bucks out the door. Pays to have good relations with the owner.
Looks good and a great price.
Jazz it up to your liking, shoot it and enjoy it.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
55,887 Posts
$300 was an outstanding price, congratulations.

what's the 2 letter date on the chin of the slide??

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Getting a deal that good is so close to robbery that it should be against the law! Good for you!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
$300 was an outstanding price, congratulations.

what's the 2 letter date on the chin of the slide??
It looks like JH. Serial is U 166 8** . 1987 production?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
WOW! Take me shopping next time out!! Great deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a very good deal. Unless it's destined for nightstand or carry duty I wouldn't worry very much about the nite sites. I'd pick up some ammo and hit the range!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Congrats! Great deal!!! Enjoy it now at the range.

Reactions: Nightwind

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fact or Fiction?

As trade off she let me hit a few fun shops in that part of town I do not normally get to.

.... Pays to have good relations with the owner.
Come on now.
Something does not add up

Good relations with the owner of a gunshop that you normally do not get to????

A Sig P226 for $300 out the door??

Congrats IF this is a true story

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come on now.
Something does not add up

Good relations with the owner of a gunshop that you normally do not get to????

A Sig P226 for $300 out the door??

Congrats IF this is a true story
The shop I bought it at has been in business 60 years. I first went there with my granddad at the age of 4. I am now 53. Know the owner and try to visit at least once a month or when funds allow.

True deal and not the first good deal I have gotten there.

For those interested, gt distributors in austin has a 226 police trade in 357 Sig on gunbroker.com with a buy now price of 399, clean according to the photos. I would have bought it but I wanted the nine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
All righty! Awesome deal. Great for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts