SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New to forum, just bought first Sig.

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  sigp229r 
#1 ·
Hello there, I just wanted to say hi since I will probably be using these forums a lot in the future. I bought my first handgun 2 days ago and it should be ready to pick up by tomorrow or Wednesday!
After months of research, and many visits to the local gun shop, where they've had a SP2009 9mm for $349 that I had my eyes on, until they sold it the day before I went to go pick it up. It came from CA though so only came with 2 10rd mags, but still a killer deal.
Anyways, I ended up just ordering a new SP2022 9mm instead. I can't wait to pick her up. I've never fired one, but have fired a p226 in 9mm and a 229 as well, which made me an instant Sig fan.
I wanted to ask, In your guys' opinion, what would you upgrade first? I've read a TON about it, and the general consensus is that it is almost flawless right out of the box. Would you change any internal/external components? Maybe just cosmetic upgrades? I'm thinking of having it duracoat painted with a cool digi camo, black & white, or having the frame painted flat black with dark grey skulls or something badass like that hah!
Sorry for the long post! Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

#3 · (Edited)
The 2022 in 9mm was my first Sig purchase also, the majority of them are flawless out of the box (mine was) but there is the occasional "bad" one from every manufacturer. Rest assured that IF there is an issue (which is rare) that Sig will make it right. They will hold different from the 226 and 229 as those are alloy framed but the "shootablity" is excellent with the 2022. Be sure to try both grips and find the one that fits your hand the best. I will bet that this one will not be your last Sig pistol. It wasn't mine as I got a M11-A1 and they are about the same size, and I love them both. My 13 year old daughter shoots the 2022 so well that the 2022 is slated to be hers when the time is right.
Customize it to make it yours cosmetically, but you shouldn't "need" to change anything except if yours comes with the standard (full) trigger and the reach is a little far, you may want to get the short reach trigger which shortens the distance of the curve of the trigger from the grip. Do not confuse the short reach trigger with the short reset trigger (SRT).
I think that your idea of a flat black with skulls or urban camo would look pretty sweet on it. Either way, you will be happy with it right out of the box, just be sure to field strip it and clean it well and re-lube and grease the rails with the supplied tube of TW25 or your choice of grease. If you haven't already, check out the sticky post from Flork found in this forum.
Enjoy it and the more you shoot it, the sweeter it will get.
Here is my Cosmetic custom job.

Reactions: TCavil
#9 · (Edited)
Welcome from another 2022 owner in Seattle. I think you'll love it as I do mine. What range do you shoot at?
There are a few local places that do Cerakote you may want to look into. Kenny is spot in field stripping, cleaning and re-lubing.
I've not had any problems/issues with mine either.

Ric

#10 ·
Welcome from Pa

#14 ·
Congratulations!

Your 2022 shouldn't require anything, but if you want to dress it up that's your prerogative of course.

Welcome to the fold, and prepare to make some room for more Sigs soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.