SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

New Springfield "Emissary"

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Major 2 
#1 ·
A 1911-based EDC. Looks pretty nice.

The blurb: "The 9mm Emissary 4.25" blends form and function seamlessly in a firearm built for defense and loaded with custom-grade features. It’s constructed with a forged stainless steel frame and forged carbon steel slide, with a beautiful two-tone finish. The blued carbon steel slide pairs with a stainless steel frame featuring a distinctive squared trigger guard with additional room for ease of operation with a gloved hand. The slide’s “Tri-Top” cut gives the Emissary custom styling, while a flattened top strap is finished with 40 LPI serrations to diffuse light and reduce glare. On top, the tritium and luminescent front sight on the Emissary pairs with a Tactical Rack U-Dot™ rear sight for easy target acquisition in all lighting conditions."

See less See more
#5 ·
I can't find any reference -- but they look just like any other 9-rd 1911 9mm magazine. It would be pretty crazy to come up with a proprietary magazine for a 1911 design! :oops:

#10 ·
I just confirmed with an Emissary owner that he’s used his Emissary mags in other 9mm 1911’s and used Wilson mags in his Emissary.

So they are not proprietary.

#11 ·
I’ve also been told that the Springfield EMP uses proprietary mags…not the Emissary.

#13 ·
I don’t mind the trigger and guard so much…but the grip texture makes it look like it’s some kind of space gun!

It’s funny how many gun preferences come down to appearance over function. Sometimes we will choose an “ugly” gun just because they are so much fun to shoot, but very often guns seem to get picked (or discarded) because of how they look.😀

#15 ·
I had a .45 Emissary, but let go of it - kinda liked the looks, but I really didn't need another commander size 1911, when I already have two DWs. And I would have no need for a 40oz single stack 9mm.

Reactions: hauki and imbue
#16 ·
It looks awesome, but practically lugging that around every day for one less round than a P365 doesn't appeal to me...

...then again I'm under 60 years old :p Just ruffling feathers. Springfield builds a nice 1911, my Loaded 5" 45ACP is fantastic (just wish it had front strap checkering, but oh well). Heck of a deal when I got it for $700.

#21 ·
looks nice. i shot a springfield 1911 and it was ok. some probs for me// made in (Not the US), Springfield's corporate support for gun control and any company masquerading as a US company but makes their stuff elsewhere. Eg Swamp Fox Optics :(.. Springfield Armory..so many others.

#24 ·
Chiming in only because this is old info that should be cleared up. Springfield 1911s are made in the U.S. - forged frame, slide, barrel, etc (some internal parts may be foreign-sourced, or made in the U.S. from foreign materials, which is not uncommon with other manufacturers either). They used to have some of their frames, etc forged in Brazil by a company called Imbel. Those guns are easy to identify because they say "Made in Brazil" on the frame. SA and Imbel went their separate ways years ago. So unless you were shooting an older Springfield 1911 that said 'Made in Brazil' on the side of it, you were shooting a U.S. made gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.