SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just got my card on monday and proceeded to pick up a .40SP2022 in two tone as my first firearm!

Ive read through some stuff already on this forum and wanted to thank you guys for the wealth of knowledge already.

Ive put 100 rounds through my weapon before i had a chance to discover this forum, i plan on disassembling it, cleaning/greasing (as per the writeup here). my question is if you guys think ive done anything wrong by not greasing the slides before i decided to put rounds through the weapon?

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas!

Reactions: DallasLong2180

·
Registered
386 Posts
Congrats on acquiring a very nice handgun. One of my favorite Sigs.

Firing it without first lubing it should not be too big of deal if you only did it once, especially on the 2022. If it were on a standard P series model you'd have more concerns because you have a stainless slide rubbing against an aluminum frame.

I always put a light coat of oil all around on the barrel and on interior of the slide where the barrel rests. The barrel finish tends to last longer that way. I also use a small amount of shooter's choice grease all along the slide rail and frame rails.

I make sure the springs are lightly oiled as well.

Look into getting a Bedair stainless guide rod. The factory polymer guide rod works just fine but I personally like the idea of have one in stainless steel. It looks better on the gun too.

The 2022 is a great entry into the world of Sig!

·
Registered
472 Posts
My SP2022 came with the slide prelubed when I purchased it new. Love my 2022 and will use it to test for my CHL. Welcome fellow Texan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcomes all!!! I have been told by a bunch of different experienced people outside of this forum as well that the SigPro is a great first pistol! Nowwwwwwww what to get as my second in 30 days time......(evil laugh)

Let hear it ya'll!

-D-

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes all!!! I have been told by a bunch of different experienced people outside of this forum as well that the SigPro is a great first pistol! Nowwwwwwww what to get as my second in 30 days time......(evil laugh)

Let hear it ya'll!

-D-
A 1911 of some sort, be it SIG or other manufacturer. Or a 226, 229, 227. :p

Ric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts