SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm a proud new owner of a P-320 X-5 9mm. I've owned numerous firearms in my 50+ years of life, but never a SIG. To be honest it's not that I didn't like SIG, but instead preferred revolvers, 1911's, hi-powers, 92f, and glock. I recently started USPSA matches with my Glock, but wanted something better. Research led me to the 320. It was difficult to find one in stock, but luckily the SIG pro shop let me order one and gave me a discount due to my LEO status. Wow was I impressed when I got the gun. I had handled the 320 full size prior to ordering the X-5 and loved the grip. But, the X-5 grip is perfect for me. Kind of reminds me of a hi-power. Shooting the pistol was amazing. Flawless function. Had to adjust rear sights up. Tight groups. Incredible trigger measured consistently at 4.5 lbs. hands down best pistol I've ever owned and I've had tricked out 1911's. Can't wait for next match. If I get deeper into competitive shooting I may get another in .40 to shoot limited. I want to put an optic on for carry optics division. Romeo 1 on backorder through custom shop.

Wow, guess I typed a lot, but love this gun.

Me, 4 yrs military, 28+ yrs LEO, hunter, NRA life member. 馃憤馃嵒

Attachments

Premium Member
Hello all. I'm a proud new owner of a P-320 X-5 9mm. I've owned numerous firearms in my 50+ years of life, but never a SIG. To be honest it's not that I didn't like SIG, but instead preferred revolvers, 1911's, hi-powers, 92f, and glock. I recently started USPSA matches with my Glock, but wanted something better. Research led me to the 320. It was difficult to find one in stock, but luckily the SIG pro shop let me order one and gave me a discount due to my LEO status. Wow was I impressed when I got the gun. I had handled the 320 full size prior to ordering the X-5 and loved the grip. But, the X-5 grip is perfect for me. Kind of reminds me of a hi-power. Shooting the pistol was amazing. Flawless function. Had to adjust rear sights up. Tight groups. Incredible trigger measured consistently at 4.5 lbs. hands down best pistol I've ever owned and I've had tricked out 1911's. Can't wait for next match. If I get deeper into competitive shooting I may get another in .40 to shoot limited. I want to put an optic on for carry optics division. Romeo 1 on backorder through custom shop.

Wow, guess I typed a lot, but love this gun.

Me, 4 yrs military, 28+ yrs LEO, hunter, NRA life member. 馃憤馃嵒
Congrats, you're going to love that gun!

Reactions: a308gunner

Premium Member
Welcome to SigTalk and congrats on your new 320 x5. I'm glad to hear that you are loving it. I have on in transit and I'm way excited. I hope you enjoy these forums and I would like to thank you for your service. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

Registered
Welcome from the Florida Space Coast. Congrats on the 320 X5. I was able to get one from my LGS on the release date. A fine competition gun. Still working on the sights. I too need the rear raised. I'm getting there. Good luck in USPSA. Hope to use mine there as well.

Registered
Welcome to our forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns, I have owned at least half a dozen SIG Sauers, great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the P226 to me is by far the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
In the past I've been an avid gun-hoarder; jokes apart I mainly collected Lugers, Mausers C96, 1911s and Colt Pythons.
Not long ago I realized that a huge pile of pistols wasn't making my life any better, so recently I thinned my collection, but since the COLT 1911 has always been in my heart I still own a bunch of them.
I never stop learning, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.