SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I hope I'm not offending anyone when I say I'd rather go into a firefight single loading 32 rounds than have a 32 round promag...
If you're just going to the range, then maybe. I bought a couple reg capacity promags in my broke college days, fortunately I could at least get better springs in them before the amount of FTF started dinging up my Beretta's feed ramp...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have never used a Promag in any of my handguns so I have no experience but man, I have never read a good thing about them. Not just on one manufacturer's firearm but all makes and models. I can't imagine how they stay in business if everyone complains regardless of what gun. Do they not make any mags for any guns that work well. Mags aren't that complicated. And why do people keep buying them?

·
Registered
392 Posts
So, I'm guessing Promags are ****. I'm a genius! :)
I typed the c version of the s word. I didn't know that was a banned word. Oops.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have 2 ProMags from my FN57. They are fun range toys at best. I got mine for super cheap so I wasn't expecting much. I didn't get that much either. They work most of the time.

·
Registered
821 Posts
They're still in business, so they must sell tons of them.

I bought a used CZ that came with one in the late '90s. When you loaded it to full capacity, it wouldn't even fit into the mag well. :eek:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Back during the Clinton AWB Promags were everywhere. 5 years into the ban you could still find them. That should say a lot about their quality.

But for every educated shooter there has to be several that are either new to the sport, or only buy what is the cheapest.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts