SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· 🎖USMC Veteran
1,645 Posts
From what I got out of the video is that the battery is mounted on the side so that the optic can sit as low as possible to not use suppressor-height sights. I guess this solves the exposed hole that most were worried about on the military/commemorative/surplus models when they installed a R1P. My biggest question is how would they incorporate this to mount onto the commercial P320-M17/M18 models? Very different mounting hole location than the military M17/M18, commemorative & surplus models.
Probably a top down screw (like R1P and R2) for most slides this would be the only option unless you have new holes added

· 🎖USMC Veteran
1,645 Posts
To me, this is pretty much perfect. Looks wayyyy better than the DPP on the M18 (sits nice and low), you don’t have to F with your standard sights, and it looks super rugged. I wouldn’t mind if the commercial version isn’t fully enclosed, but the problem is that they wouldn’t have a place for the battery. We shall see!
Then thats the Romeo 2. The only reason for this is the fully sealed optic. If not fully sealed there are plenty of other options. even the R1P

1 - 2 of 2 Posts