SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

New SIG P938 9mm

14K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Vetteguy904 
#1 ·
The new SIG P938 9mm... it's single action and exposed hammer. Has anyone shot one of these yet?

See less See more
#10 ·
I just got mine P938 SAS. I love it but, waiting for my extended Mag. I took it out but, had quite a few fte problems. After reading about some of the problems reported here I was sure that I had a Lemon. I then took it back and cleaned it, and tried WWB115 Grains "fm Walmart" had a few problems FTE etc.. I then remembered to get a grip, no limp wrist etc. The next 12 Mags were error free, I'm sold great gun. I also have the P238 which my wife has taken over as her own......
Bill

#12 ·
Grip is everything with these little guns.
You will see yours improve about 300 rounds. Trigger gets smoother and gun just feels better. While breaking try to run sone 124 grain thru it.

#13 ·
My new 938 dated Nov. 17 has had peculiar results on the first couple trips to the range.
Running UMC 115gr cartridges, I had multiple double feeds. No FTEs, just double feeds. I have to remove the magazine to clear the problem.
Next I went to American Eagle 124gr and it performed flawlessly. Next went back to PWC 115 gr. and again, flawless. Finally thought I'd give the UMC another chance and no go.
After about 300 rounds, only one FTE but numerous double feeds, all with the UMC.
I have read a lot about FTEs and FTFs, but nothing about double feeds. Is this unusual?
Thanks to all.

#14 ·
As I remember the double feed issue is with new stiff magazines.
Leave em full awhile and the issue may go away with use.

#20 ·
New user here and new P938 owner as of yesterday. Extreme edition.

Took it to the range today, shot around 130 rounds of mixed rounds, remington 115gr UMC, Federal Classic Hi-Shok JHP 115gr, 135gr Hydra Shoks, and 50 rounds of range reloads...

Not one hiccup! Was worried as there has been many reports of failures, happy to say none here!

MUUUCH prefer the 7 round mag, the 6 rounder takes some getting use to.

It is more accurate than I am, def need some practice with something this small. My thumbs are in pain, the magazines fight you every step of the way while loading, need to get a loader for sure.

The flyers were the flush mag..

Attachments

#21 ·
It is more accurate than I am, def need some practice with something this small. My thumbs are in pain, the magazines fight you every step of the way while loading, need to get a loader for sure.

The flyers were the flush mag..
You will find the mags get easier to load pretty fast. They start out very stiff.

#23 ·
Thanks again, slolane, et al. I will muddle though it all this week and give you a report. The only problem that I had was the double feeds with the UMCs . It Might be noteworthy that the UMCSs were bought in bulk. They are supposed to be made for Remington, but it will be interesting to see if, in fact, they are made at the same location, after I try the box of 50s.
Alan

#24 ·
I'm sold on my P938, took it out this afternoon and another 100 rds 50 Blazer FMJ 115 and 50 Federal 115 FMJ nary a glitch, I like this gun. I haven't tried any 124"s yet. Wally World was out.
The only thing that I have done is polish the ramp and used a 7 rd mag.
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.