SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I had been waiting on my MK25 to arrive at Turner's since the middle of September, and finally it arrived last Saturday! I still have not seen the gun, and have some questions I'm hoping I can get answered here on this forum. I have shot the MK25 many times with the Navy, so decided I liked it and wanted one of my own. I've already asked many people, including the sales staff at Turners, but still come up with answers all over the place. here goes...

1) Is the MK25 that Sig sells in California the old, discontinued "navy" model?
2) what is the story on these guns and the Ca. "roster"?
3) will my new weapon have a magazine disconnect?
4) will it have a loaded chamber indicator, and what will it look like?

Any and all input will be appreciated, and either way, I'll have the answers next Monday

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mk25

Welcome from Minnesota. I highly doubt your new gun will be a Navy reject. This is a P226 that has all of the components treated in order to not be disturbed by water including salt water. It appears California requires a disconnect. That can be overcome with a little at home smithing. There is a very narrow window on the ejection port where you can see the brass otherwise no loaded indicator. I keep mine loaded all the time unless I present it to someone for inspection so I am the indicator. This is a great 226 of course with the gimmick of it being an exact copy of what the SEALS carry. I love mine and hope you enjoy yours as much. Shoot it that is what it was made for.

·
Registered
56,272 Posts
as long as you're in cal, i'd advise leaving the mag disconnect in place.

welcome from az

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies!

dbrow, i wasn't thinking a navy reject, i was thinking about the "navy" model sig sold not to long ago

bearone2, I will try and resist disabling it :/

BILLG, I answered my own question...Sig makes this page hard to find MK25 CA Compliant

·
Registered
36 Posts
answers to your questions
1. the mk25 is the new model, the old "navy" would be the mk24. for the 25 they removed the srt trigger and put the reg sig trigger back in. per request. and redid the rail to be the 1913 mil-spec

2. cant really answer this one

3. no, it should not have a DC

4. no, it should not have a loaded chamber ind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good deal I am glad it worked out for you.I think you will like your new pistol I know i do mine!
Thanks Bill, I guess you could say it worked out, but the loaded chamber indicator is absolutely hideous...they may as well have replaced the anchor with a pink triangle or a rainbow

I'll post pics tomorrow night

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got MK25

after four months wait, and several other disappointments I took home my new Sig Yesterday. Yes, is has been made "safe" by my benevolent Kaliforniastan government...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks just like mine, where are the CA features? I cant seem to find the LCI and have fired it with no mag inserted. The only sort of LCI I could look for is the extractor, but mine is fractions of a mil difference between empty and loaded, unlike my CA friendly 5.7 with a little ss LCI that protrudes ever so slightly out of the top and my G30 extractor that sticks a little out of the side. The only CA features I could see are the stupid UID label that says MK25-10 instead of everyone elses MK25 and the simple fact that the mags are indented on the sides to not allow the rounds to double stack...my stock 10 rd mags hold more, I guess some engineers can't measure or count...no complaints here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this thread is quite old but I too am looking to pick up a Sig P226 MK-25 from Turners with in the next week but the LCI would be a deal breaker for me... Does anyone know if this certain firearm still uses the LCI for the CA gun? I don't mind the mag disconnect or the 10 round capacity but the LCI just turns me off.

·
Premium Member
37,513 Posts
You can be creative with your Calif, required silly and useless LCI.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The MK25 Cal. Compliant is listed on the SIG Sauer website. It comes with the LCI, mag disconnect and 10 round magazine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts