SIG Talk banner

New Sig Owner...I have Sig fever now!

501 36
Hello everyone!
I've been lurking on this site for some time while researching sig guns seeking real world opinions. This forum is the most grounded and respectful that I have ever found. After owning a Sig for a month I now can see why Quality craftsmanship is bound to inspire quality enthusiasts.

I am a new Sig Owner and now I want another.
First I should caveat I was a Walther fan. I drive nails with my PPQ M2 and PPS M2. I adored these guns and then...I purchased at 226 RX.

I had a p320 RX Compact on order but when my local gun shop told me it could be a year based on previous experience I dug in for the long hall. Then I found a Cabela deal I couldn't resist. The 226 RX and 5x the points for a new Sig which basically free ammo. Crossbreed even made me a holster that is about 99% perfect if I choose to carry. That said the .40 slide conversion+.357 barrel+15 round mag might be calling my name for even easier carry and bigger punch...

I'm still breaking in the 226.
My first trip to the range I tested a bunch of different ammo for feel and ease. Then I focused on the sights, the Sig 226 had me 2" low and cut a solid hole out of my target. I thought it must have been the RX at first but using iron sights same thing. Two tight patterns that left a nice sized hole. Thanks to the internet I found out Sig Combat sights work differently than Walther.

I am still not sure I fully understand the sight picture and actual POI but next trip to the range I aim to experientially test and find out (no pun intended).
The Double Action of a Sig has me hooked, I feel so comfortable carrying a firearm where the first shot is extremely intentional and can counteract/use some of that adrenaline of the moment.

The Dilemma:
I traded my Springfield XD .45 Tactical for store credit planning on putting that to the 320RX Compact; however, the 226 is everything I could have wanted in a Red Dot and more. Thus now I'm considering how to use my $375 credit toward another Sig for easier Carry.

- I am considering now:
- P320 with a subcompact frame or
- P225 for EDC
- - If I ever get a 229, I'm going legion...but I'm not ready to drop that kind of money after just after getting a 226 RX
- Or just sit on it get the 320 RX since my PPS M2 is an exceptional EDC.

I'd love to hear any thoughts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Welcome from PA!

I am a huge fan of the P225-A1. Try one on, and you will buy it! Perfect fit, not too big.

·
Premium Member
7,613 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SIGTalk from Alaska.

Given your current P226RX find and your money down and waiting on your P320RX, having already carried and accustomed to your Walther's on hand, I'd say .... Sit on the money towards the P320RX. If it will be that long anyway, by then you might find other options, or find you are ready for the P320RX.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Let me warn you based on your language that you ARE going to get a 229. Might as well make it as quick and painless as possible. And before you get a non legion one (you being a Legion fan) remember, "buy once, cry once". Just suck it up and get one. And welcome from Nashville, by the way.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome to our forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns.
I've been an avid collector and a shooter for decades, but I never stop learning,
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.

JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, I think it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.

·
🎖USMC Veteran Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.