SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up in a trade today; a P229 Legion in 9mm. It feels slimmer than my P226 in the hand. Dry firing it feels no different than my P226, but that SRT is really nice. It will go nicely with the P226 and my P220 Compact SAO. I can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
:thumbsu:

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice purchase.....the P229 is a deadly beast......

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice buy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it in a trade for a Yugo M70 I had for several years and bought for a lot less than they go for now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the weather cooperates I may get to shoot it this weekend. That depends on hurricane rain event upcoming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats! I have always wanted to shoot a P229 legion to compare it to the P226 legion I used to have.

Take it for what it is worth while not new to shooting in general I am new to owning my own handguns. Long story short a couple months back we ended up with a 229 Legion for the wife. And a couple weeks back I purchased a 226 Legion with the Romeo 1 pro for myself. Maybe it is because I have a lot more rounds down range with the 229 but I think it fits my hand better and I certainly shoot better with it compared to the 226. The triggers are identical as far as I can tell. I figured the larger frame on the 226 would make it easier to shoot accurately. it doesn't seem to be the case at least for me so far but I need a lot more practice. I think the 229 forces me to have a better grip and I may not be there yet with the 226. It is weird and again it may be just me but I think the 229 has less felt recoil not what I was expecting going to a larger frame gun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Take it for what it is worth while not new to shooting in general I am new to owning my own handguns. Long story short a couple months back we ended up with a 229 Legion for the wife. And a couple weeks back I purchased a 226 Legion with the Romeo 1 pro for myself. Maybe it is because I have a lot more rounds down range with the 229 but I think it fits my hand better and I certainly shoot better with it compared to the 226. The triggers are identical as far as I can tell. I figured the larger frame on the 226 would make it easier to shoot accurately. it doesn't seem to be the case at least for me so far but I need a lot more practice. I think the 229 forces me to have a better grip and I may not be there yet with the 226. It is weird and again it may be just me but I think the 229 has less felt recoil not what I was expecting going to a larger frame gun.
This is not the first time I have heard this. A P229 Legion is definitely on the list of acquisitions some day but there are a couple other items ahead of it in line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the 229 Legion has an undercut trigger guard. That may be what made the grip feel slimmer and more comfortable to me. I have a couple of Glocks that have had the finger grooves removed and undercut the same way. For me, it helps. I have not had opportunity to shoot yet, but hopefully this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts