SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I'm Nick from Lutz, FL, and I just ordered my first gun- a Sig 226. Is this a good choice? I ordered this one, and granted don't know that much about it:

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/798681306459-1

I started another thread over on the pistol forum about it. Anyway, I also took a course for concealed carry, and have an application in with the state of Florida. Looks like it will be another month or so until that comes in the mail. Should I buy a special holster to use when I can start carrying? In the meantime I guess I should buy a case. I'm excited, I've heard Sigs are one of the best brands to own, so that's why I chose that one over a Glock. Also I was going to buy a P320 for about $600, but then when I saw that deal, it seemed like a better deal for a gun that wasn't half polymer.

·
Premium Member
7,627 Posts
Greetings Nick and welcome to SIGTalk from Alaska. I think that looks like a great deal !

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Yes, get a holster, but do some research.
There are many types of holsters on the market. Since this is your first gun I wouldn't spend a lot of $$ until you are comfortable with a style. There's probably not a person on this forum who doesn't have a few holsters that didn't quite fit the bill. Just as important as a good holster is a good gun belt.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome from KY, and you got a great gun in the 226. Mmm I might be showing a little favoritism....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Welcome from Texas. The P226 is one of the best guns you can own. You will be very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Welcome from Cleveland. Look at Stealthgear USA for Kydex holsters. Fit and finish is great. Leather can be tricky and expensive. Milt Sparks VM2 is a great IWB holster. You will get a ton of opinions on holsters. The problem is that there is no real "holster" store. Good luck and enjoy that 226.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from Cleveland. Look at Stealthgear USA for Kydex holsters. Fit and finish is great. Leather can be tricky and expensive. Milt Sparks VM2 is a great IWB holster. You will get a ton of opinions on holsters. The problem is that there is no real "holster" store. Good luck and enjoy that 226.
Yes I think I'm thinking the same as you, to get a rubbery or plastic type holster instead of the leather. You're right, there doesn't seem to be any main store with a lot of different ones to choose in one place.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.