SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new P938 Legion on Friday. Test fired 50 rounds on Sunday, then got rained out. My first impressions are as follows. The pistol is small but fits the hand well. It’s accurate at 10 yards with most shots in a 3 inch circle. The pistol is probably more accurate than I am capable of. Fit and finish is excellent. Super tight pistol with no rattle or movement. It’s a bear to disassemble (at least for me). Super stiff recoil spring and a tight takedown lever is a PITA. Usually carry a S&W 642 as a pocket pistol. The P938 Legion fits in the same Remora Pocket Holster and it smaller. It’s going into EDC rotation. Overall, it’s a keeper at this point.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice! I just got my P938 SAS and I love it. Absolute tack driver out to 10 yds. Easy to aim and re-acquire a sight picture for a follow up shot. Mine came with a regular 6-rd magazine and two 7-rd mags. Rosewood grips installed plus an E2 grip and silver aluminum grips. This will be the gun with which I qualify for a New Jersey CCW.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Hand Trigger Finger Air gun Bumper

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2 month update. Only shot the pistol twice. Added Crimson Trace Laserguard. Only 85 rounds fired. No issues with function. However, the 2 piece guide rod was coming apart when I cleaned it at 85 Rounds. Not a big deal. Cleaning the guide rod now and going to use red loctite. Should be good to go. If it works loose again, I will get a one piece guide rod from Midwest Gun Works. Currently out of stock. Overall, the pistol is a tack driver at 10 yards.

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,075 Posts
That is a good looking pistol!

Sadly, the GR separating issue seems to have come back with the Legion model. I would file a warranty claim letting SIG know it happened and get a replacement...even if just for a spare. Shouldn't cost you anything.

But then I've been known to do things just to be a PITA.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My experience with the tight take down levers on my P238's is that after you take them apart a couple dozen times it is pretty easy to give a little tap/push on the back side and then pull them out from the front. That beats turning the gun on its side and having the things fall out, doesn't it? I would think the 938's would be similar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts