SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Any rumors on pricing? Been itching to get another Sig. Talked myself out of the XL Comp (plus I could never find one). Leaning towards another P320, but with the modularity why buy another one when I can just modify the one I have?
Then there's the P365 in .380. Would fit my existing 365 arsenal but can't justify a .380 when I have a 9mm in the same size. Had Sig make the .380 smaller, I would have already picked one up and the itch would be satisfied for a while.

But the Macro is starting to catch my attention with the 17 round capacity and slightly larger footprint. But the price point has me concerned and fear it may be in the $1,200 range and just as hard to find as the XL Comp.

Would love to see it priced around $800, easily available and then grab four mags (two if the gun comes with two) at $50 a pop to stay within my $1K budget.

Should fit in existing XL holsters, right? Or is that another unknown.
I hope it’s not $1,200….I’ll wait for aftermarket to catch up, use my 365 FCU, and build a Wilson Combat and MagGuts 20rd pistol for winter carry.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Any rumors on pricing? Been itching to get another Sig. Talked myself out of the XL Comp (plus I could never find one). Leaning towards another P320, but with the modularity why buy another one when I can just modify the one I have?
Then there's the P365 in .380. Would fit my existing 365 arsenal but can't justify a .380 when I have a 9mm in the same size. Had Sig make the .380 smaller, I would have already picked one up and the itch would be satisfied for a while.

But the Macro is starting to catch my attention with the 17 round capacity and slightly larger footprint. But the price point has me concerned and fear it may be in the $1,200 range and just as hard to find as the XL Comp.

Would love to see it priced around $800, easily available and then grab four mags (two if the gun comes with two) at $50 a pop to stay within my $1K budget.

Should fit in existing XL holsters, right? Or is that another unknown.
I'd expect anything that comes with a comp slide to be on the pricey side.

The budget practical version would just be an XL with a grip module swap + mags.

I was able to convince myself I'd buy a P365-380 slide, barrel, and recoil spring to hold on to in case age or health dictates it one day down the road. I'd probably save money just buying a P365-380 version and selling the FCU and grip, but I'd rather not add to the paper trail.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'd expect anything that comes with a comp slide to be on the pricey side.

The budget practical version would just be an XL with a grip module swap + mags.

I was able to convince myself I'd buy a P365-380 slide, barrel, and recoil spring to hold on to in case age or health dictates it one day down the road. I'd probably save money just buying a P365-380 version and selling the FCU and grip, but I'd rather not add to the paper trail.
That may be the best option. Also starting to talk myself into a P365-380.
Wife would appreciate it and it would be a decent for the bedside table.
Just gotta wait to see the price point of the Macro. I tend to agree that a comp slide is going to send the price well above the $1000 mark.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I expect $699 or $799 retail. Will not fit existing holsters. This grip is wider everywhere and has the pic rail.
I think if I can manage to mount my tlr7 Sub to the pic rail my light bearing holster would probably be okay with it. Without a light I'm sure it will require a new holster.

Going based on the previous Spectre releases a price tag that low could be a big ask. The slide alone is $499.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Just saw a YouTube video that said that it uses p320 mags. I doubt it but we will see!
You can tell by looking at Lena's pics of the mags on the first page that they're longer P365 mags, possibly with a re-designed follower and spring as well a la MagGuts. It would've been nice if they were P320 mags, as I bought a bunch of those ahead of the WA mag ban, but with a completely new magazine it looks like I'm SOL.

·
Registered
665 Posts
You can tell by looking at Lena's pics of the mags on the first page that they're longer P365 mags, possibly with a re-designed follower and spring as well a la MagGuts. It would've been nice if they were P320 mags, as I bought a bunch of those ahead of the WA mag ban, but with a completely new magazine it looks like I'm SOL.
Same, man. Same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’d like to explore a “tweeter” grip

My primary edc is the g48 (new owner of the 365). If they make a slightly larger module and capacity for the 365, they have my attention. The WC is an improvement, but not a final verdict for me.

I still wrap multiple layers of goon tape to achieve a slightly thicker grip on the 48.

Given my body, I cannot carry a compact during summer time. But I have to modify the slimline to achieve consistent results. Which is the entire point of ccw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's a deal killer for me. Thin grip circumference is a major consideration for me, and I am big on mag standardization.
Guess I will stick with my S300 and P320 slide for the the top end of the stable.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The magazines in the OP look like P365 mags to me. I think Sig caught on to the fact that we're using mag guts though I guess it wouldn't take much more length to add 2 rounds to a stack and a half.

It might be interesting to see if the spring is any different but I highly doubt they'd release P365 mags that didn't work in the standard and XL grip modules. That's part of what makes the platform awesome.

Shoot I'd be happy if it were just a new grip module release. I really have no interest in a comp, whether it's built into the slide or not. Hard to blame them for trying I guess.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Like others have said, the Macro grip/mag are all I really need as I have a Spectre Comp.

I might grab another FCU as well, as I already have several other slides and grips in various sizes and configurations... :unsure:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The grip module is undoubtedly wider. Look at the cutout they had to make for the take down lever and also look at there the frame is wider than the slide. All other versions of the p365 have a frame that is even with the slide.
If the frame is wider, you would think all Sig would need to do is bevel the top edges of the frame where it meets the slide.
The more I think about it, why would you need to buy a new gun if all that is needed is a Macro frame on your existing XL (that is if things are compatible)? I'm intrigued with the Macro and it's gonna be nice when Sig releases all the specs and we see that Sig product video in the wild.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I keep imagining this scenario in my head where Sig lets somebody test the weapon and tells them to leak it to gauge how willing we are to buy up their Comp slides, they hear me talking about wanting a grip module and ask for it to be taken down. I know that's not likely the case but lol.

Sig.. if you're reading, you brought a whole new type of customer moving into the striker fired market. Cost, function, practicality, probably more of those than people trying to do it gucci. Like yo bro that's a nice $1200 piece of plastic you got there. I got mine for $550. I got the second one because it was cheaper than buying just a barrel and a slide. Two for one.

I ain't knocking anybody for wanting to pimp their rides, but I'm willing to bet there are more of us who have OEM non spectre slides as they came from the factory and might have totally been down to buy conversion kits and all that, but it shouldn't cost as much as a complete gun that comes with an FCU and magazines.

Just in case you're reading Sig.. just in case you're reading. I hope you get to releasing the grip modules and magazines with a quickness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From my untrained eye it appears to be a 320 style grip module downsized to fit the 365 FCU. The pin in the back would be the FCU pin and not for a back strap. Just judging it looks like a standard 365 Spectre Comp slide. The long dust cover would match up with what I have in the tactical development rail. I believe this would just be a grip, mag swap for a standard XL. As mentioned I suspect it would be easy to chop the front to work with an X slide or perhaps they would sell a shorter version. It could prove to be a pretty good money maker for them selling grips and $50 mags. Would be nice if it accepted 320 mags though.

View attachment 465383
Who's magwell is that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mike Glover dropped the same hints on the Cleared Hot podcast. He pushes Sig and was at Sig Days, but said that he couldn’t go any further because the podcast would drop a couple days before the official release.

“Full size capacity”, “full size Pic rail”, “some how they figured out how on an 1 inch slide”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.