SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
This great, exactly where the design excels. I love the concept of a “tweenr” and can’t wait to see other Macro frames, compact, sub etc. Yeah I know we have the 365, but a bit better grip, not as clunky and big as 320 is nice, oh and better design than 320.
Dunno - the P320 XCompact is an awfully nice design for an IWB CCW. Small enough to cover and big enough (for me) to shoot. I pocket carry or ankle carry a P365 when necessary but my preferred summer carry is the XC.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Not sure of the appeal.
Seems to be something slightly smaller than a P320 and slightly larger than a P365XL. The 17 round capacity does catch my attention but not enough to have me on the edge of my seat.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Got to say, as someone that doesn’t mind carrying a larger pistol, I’m all in for this! Slimmer than my double stacks, seems to be what I have been wanting along.

Now for Tony at JMCK to get one of his great AIWB holster made for this!

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is exactly what I wanted Sig to come out with. I always thought they should come out with a larger 365 type gun with a lower bore axis, thinner grip (than P320), more capacity, and here it is. I'm sure I'll get one and add it to the collection. Let's go!!!
yep. As it is, I already prefer shooting my WC grip’d p365xl over my p320 Xcarry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome. They really worked some magic into that grip module and magazine. 17+1 in a pistol that’s shorter than a P320?

The real questions are … will they sell they grip module alone at launch? If so, when? And lastly.. will they be able to keep these mags in stock? Guessing $60 for the grip, $50-60 for the mags.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Awesome. They really worked some magic into that grip module and magazine. 17+1 in a pistol that’s shorter than a P320?

The real questions are … will they sell they grip module alone at launch? If so, when? And lastly.. will they be able to keep these mags in stock? Guessing $60 for the grip, $50-60 for the mags.
In the video linked a few posts above those questions are answered. They're going to sell complete packages first. Grip modules and magazines will become available at some point, aftermarket options will come along at some point too.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Just watched the video. Have to hand it to Sig, they actually listened to me and added backstraps. LOL. Seriously, this makes me as a person that will carry a larger size pistol wonder why when I can carry this Marco version. This might be the “Glock G19 Killer” folks joked about for so many years.

Reactions: brightt

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah I'm definitely snagging a grip module and some mags.
Thanks to the P365's modularity, that is exactly what I am hoping for.

Small (P365 standard), Medium (X/XL) and now Large (Macro)...

I hope that just like the Spectre Comp Slide did, this grip and 17 rd mag will hit the market shortly.

SIG seems to actually be listening the market... (y)

Let the SIGness begin... ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
This is the gun I have been waiting for. I asked a Sig rep about getting a P365XXL (or whatever they wanted to call it) last year and he indicated something like that was in the works. Apparently this is it. I could have done without the comp but that's not a show stopper. I would love to see an AXG frame for it though.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Any rumors on pricing? Been itching to get another Sig. Talked myself out of the XL Comp (plus I could never find one). Leaning towards another P320, but with the modularity why buy another one when I can just modify the one I have?
Then there's the P365 in .380. Would fit my existing 365 arsenal but can't justify a .380 when I have a 9mm in the same size. Had Sig make the .380 smaller, I would have already picked one up and the itch would be satisfied for a while.

But the Macro is starting to catch my attention with the 17 round capacity and slightly larger footprint. But the price point has me concerned and fear it may be in the $1,200 range and just as hard to find as the XL Comp.

Would love to see it priced around $800, easily available and then grab four mags (two if the gun comes with two) at $50 a pop to stay within my $1K budget.

Should fit in existing XL holsters, right? Or is that another unknown.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Any rumors on pricing? Been itching to get another Sig. Talked myself out of the XL Comp (plus I could never find one). Leaning towards another P320, but with the modularity why buy another one when I can just modify the one I have?
Then there's the P365 in .380. Would fit my existing 365 arsenal but can't justify a .380 when I have a 9mm in the same size. Had Sig make the .380 smaller, I would have already picked one up and the itch would be satisfied for a while.

But the Macro is starting to catch my attention with the 17 round capacity and slightly larger footprint. But the price point has me concerned and fear it may be in the $1,200 range and just as hard to find as the XL Comp.

Would love to see it priced around $800, easily available and then grab four mags (two if the gun comes with two) at $50 a pop to stay within my $1K budget.

Should fit in existing XL holsters, right? Or is that another unknown.
I expect $699 or $799 retail. Will not fit existing holsters. This grip is wider everywhere and has the pic rail.

61 - 80 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.