SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just like the gun in my hand. I have S&W, Colt, Sig, Glock, Beretta models, and each one goes bang. Some I shoot more consistently than others, making the inconsistent shooters a challenge I want to master at the range. As for edc, sometimes I like the simplicity of a snub nose .38. No safety, no slides just 5 or 6 rounds to get the job done. More frequently, it’s a 365xl with RMR. Ease of carry, comfort, and deadly accurate. Everyone has their opinion. Find something you can shoot, and accurately hit your target. Train, train, train and find something that fits your body type, hand size and carry style. There’s a huckleberry for everyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
And what makes 365 have a better "design" than a 320? I'm anxious to hear this.
The p320 has a much heavier slide, higher bore axis, and pretty unremarkable trigger (imo) compared to the 365XL.

I say this as a person who chooses to carry the p320 daily over the 365XL.

I always secretly wanted a p320 that had the trigger / slide / bore axis of the 365XL, and it wasn’t until I added a forward reset bar, +% reset, and Wilson Combat grip that the p320 was able to become my primary.

If this new p365x macro is just a new grip module and runs p320 mags… I’d definitely give this a real consideration

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 365 is much less problematic. I think, as do others better informed the P320 has safety issues. Yes, even after the VUP, or voluntary upgraded program, there have still been issues. It is fine if the 320 system works for you, I am not here to argue with you. Plenty of discussion on other forums about this.

The only concern I have seen with 365 design is FPS is rearward, and if striker was break beyond a point where secondary catch would get it would it have enough momentum to discharge. I am comfortable in the 365 system.

The 320 is just way more complicated than it needs to be is all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The only concern I have seen with 365 design is FPS is rearward, and if striker was break beyond a point where secondary catch would get it would it have enough momentum to discharge.
Hence the striker safety, unless the trigger is being pulled depressing the safety, the striker isn’t discharging anything.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I really don't get it - Sig produces a top-of-the-line pocket-sized pistol and people immediately negate that benefit by making it larger!
You have assumed that everyone buys a P365-series pistol for the same reason that you do.
I don't and I'm sure thousands of other people don't either.
You might want to consider NOT criticizing what you don't understand.
Americans like options. Our general desire to have options on our things has helped create a robust firearm industry. The consumer's search for the "perfect" firearm drives a large percentage of sales.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm sure now Sig will release some 30 round 365 mags.......:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lena deleted her story, is any more official info on this?
A Glock 48 size pistol with a 17 round capacity really calles my eye...
So I ran a quick search as this gun really intrigues me and this is what I found. When I clicked on the gatdaily link, I got a "page not found" error...makes ya wonder.
Black Azure Rectangle Font Operating system

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anything is possible but I am not aware of any replaceable back straps on plastic 320 grips so I'm not sure why they would do it here.
Sig has grip modules in Small, Medium, and Large for the P320 even since the P250, its precursor, came out.
They are relatively inexpensive and easy to swap with the origin (which, in all the P320s that I have seen, is Medium).

·
Registered
148 Posts
For me, it is smaller, weighs less, easier to conceal, and easier on my old body.
It also carries a respectful amount of rounds (10) and 12, and 15 round magazines are available. It is easily customized with readily available parts.
Though I'm surprised you didn't already know this.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Sig has grip modules in Small, Medium, and Large for the P320 even since the P250, its precursor, came out.
They are relatively inexpensive and easy to swap with the origin (which, in all the P320s that I have seen, is Medium).
Yes, I know you can get a different size grip but the discussion was about interchangeable back straps which to my knowledge Sig has never done outside the AXG and if you want to call the 2022 grip a back strap.

·
Registered
665 Posts
The p320 has a much heavier slide, higher bore axis, and pretty unremarkable trigger (imo) compared to the 365XL.

I say this as a person who chooses to carry the p320 daily over the 365XL.

I always secretly wanted a p320 that had the trigger / slide / bore axis of the 365XL, and it wasn’t until I added a forward reset bar, +% reset, and Wilson Combat grip that the p320 was able to become my primary.

If this new p365x macro is just a new grip module and runs p320 mags… I’d definitely give this a real consideration
Just saw a YouTube video that said that it uses p320 mags. I doubt it but we will see!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would like to see a 4.25 inch slide and larger grip module. That is something to get really excited about. Low bore axis, nice revolver like rolling trigger, more ammo, slightly bigger grip for shooting games. Even if they kept the 3.7 barrel and added a longer slide with comp I would be a buyer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I could be seeing things but the grip looks like it has a bit more between the frontstrap and backstrap even than both mine with the Wilson Combat grips. Either that or dude's hands are tiny. His thumb looks only slightly shorter than mine though.

I guess my question is.. how different is the slide? Can I buy a grip module and a couple mags and have a non ported version with my XL?

Or does that slide also look wider?

... if it is compatible.. the worst part is going to be a new holster for that rail.
I think it’s an optical illusion. The screenshot says Lena Miculek. Her hand size would make the grip appear larger.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.