SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my P320 X5 yesterday, and removed the Romeo1 from my RX and put it on the X5. Then installed the GGI Pelt trigger. I was in a rush and forgot to measure the pull before, but I would say a very smooth 6lbs estimate. New pull is avg 3lbs 12oz, nice trigger.

First on the Romeo swap, the Romeo is not dovetailed into the RX slide (at least neither of mine are) as I have read several places. I was holding the slide upside down while removing the hex heads and while waiting fro the screws to drop free the romeo 1 released right with them no dove tail, not sure where that came from. After installing it on the X5 when I got to the range it was about 3 inches low at 30 feet...which was way closer than the factory install on the RX. No criticism just though it was noteworthy how close it was from one gun to another.

On the GGI trigger it did not "drop in" on the X5. The trigger drive pin area on the trigger bar had more material around the hole, which caused the GGI trigger to bind in the X5 which it did not on the RX. I filed a tiny bit of material from the trigger bar, and got it to move freely.

With the PELT trigger and spring trigger pull is now avg 3lbs 12oz with 300 rounds through.

At the range, the gun was flawless. I have to confess I didn't do a thorough clean and lube. Just a quick wipe down, a swab through the barrel, and a little milcomm on contact points, and to the range. I zeroed in the Rome1, and put a total of 300 rounds through it with total perfection (at least on the guns part). While in the pistol rest, bullets were going through the previous hole...eyes aren't great and had to bring the target in a couple of times to make sure I wasn't off paper or something. It only took about 20 shots in the rest to get it right.

Free handed the gun is very comfortable. Balance is spot on and great ergos. Every gun for me is a learning experience, I have to figure best grip, position and grip strength, where to apply pressure and how firm(I know this is a fault of my abilities, and I work on it.) Thjis was also after a pretty tough workday, and breathing gasoline vapor for the last couple of hours of the day so not the best condition for shooting. but even while figuring it all out for the new gun, the shots were not "way off" only slightly. Don't get me wrong I had a few flyers, but not counting those, the gun seemed like it did what I wanted the best it could.

this was at 30 feet, not my best work, don't judge the gun by this one.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the X5 does not allow use of an iron rear sight with the Romeo1? Nice photos.

Thanks

The notch in the rear of the Romeo 1 is your rear sight for cowitnessing...works well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks

The notch in the rear of the Romeo 1 is your rear sight for cowitnessing...works well.
Notch? I didn't know it had one. Then again, I haven't taken the ROMEO1 off of my RX.
I wish Trijicon would put one on their red dots. I just bought a Walther PPQ Q5 match Saturday (I FINALLY found one!) and removing the red dot cover plate removes the rear sight. I must say however, just like the P320, my Walther is one kick-*** pistol. The trigger is great on my P320 ~3.8 lb. average, but the Walther is close to 3 lbs. I can see accidental double taps in my near future. The reset is also amazing. I love them both! I'm still holding out on the X5 until Sig starts selling the ROMEO1.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Notch? I didn't know it had one. Then again, I haven't taken the ROMEO1 off of my RX.
The elevation adjustment is in the notch. It looks questionable, because it's not very deep, but it really does work. You can see it in one of the pics I posted...front blade is blurry (in the pic) but you can get the idea.

Reactions: Scooter22

·
Registered
392 Posts
The elevation adjustment is in the notch. It looks questionable, because it's not very deep, but it really does work. You can see it in one of the pics I posted...front blade is blurry (in the pic) but you can get the idea.
Ah, so it does! That's great! I should have picked up on that. Thanks!
Nice pistol. Very nice.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Scooter22

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yikes! That is REALLY tempting! Must resist! I bought 3 pistols last week (actually, two pistols and a lower). D'oh! I thought the (edit) X5 were hard to come by. Seems like a bunch of people are having luck finding them.
Yeah my wife was asking about it being hard to come by like the RX...I told her I thought because of the Romeo1 the RX was probably more scarce. I was wishing I had waited for the X5, but then happy I got the RX first to rob the Romeo from for my X5. My eyes are so limited it's hard to enjoy shooting without the Reflex sight. I'm getting cataract and glaucoma surgery over the next month so I'm hoping all will improve greatly. When asked how I wanted my final vision I said best for shooting, :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
$850 that is without the Romeo 1. Edit: forgot it was $875 for Credit Card.

https://kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=120579
That is a good price, seems inline with 15.4% off of msrp that I'm seeing from my LGS.

I'm in Seattle and I have to pay state and city sales tax plus transfer fee at my FFL even if I buy online. Do other states make you pay sales tax for online firearms purchases?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah my wife was asking about it being hard to come by like the RX...I told her I thought because of the Romeo1 the RX was probably more scarce. I was wishing I had waited for the X5, but then happy I got the RX first to rob the Romeo from for my X5. My eyes are so limited it's hard to enjoy shooting without the Reflex sight. I'm getting cataract and glaucoma surgery over the next month so I'm hoping all will improve greatly. When asked how I wanted my final vision I said best for shooting, :)
Cataract surgery is like getting new eyes! I haven't had it done, but my father did and he went from 20/900 (almost blind) to 20/30. I'm starting to get cataracts myself, but it's not bad enough yet. I'm far sighted, so I have just a little trouble with the sights, but I see far out 20/20. Good luck with your surgery!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a good price, seems inline with 15.4% off of msrp that I'm seeing from my LGS.

I'm in Seattle and I have to pay state and city sales tax plus transfer fee at my FFL even if I buy online. Do other states make you pay sales tax for online firearms purchases?
The way it works in the states I have lived in is, you pay tax if the company you are buying from has a location in that state. So, If I am buying out of state but that company has a location in this state I would pay sales tax. If the company you are buying from does not collect sales tax in your state they do not file in your state and therefore do not report or pay sales tax to your state.

That is the way I understand it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.