SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is information for prospective buyers, not a trashing of the model. Just took my new 320 X-Five to the range. Here is my take.
The grip is very comfortable (Fits my hand better than Glock, M&P, or XD,M). The adjustable rear sight is very clear, but even bottomed out doesn't allow a 6 o'clock sight picture. A call to Dawson should fix that (will order a different height for my shooting style). Accuracy is typical Sig (excellent) .
Now for the point of the thread. This trigger is rougher and heavier than a 320C I recently shot. A true disappointment. This is supposed to be a X model. The Flat Trigger is Purely COSMETIC!.
I bought the X-Five expecting a significant X or Grey design influence over the stock trigger group. It is only the trigger shape.

It looks like I will be combing the threads here for fluff, buff , trigger and spring replacement ideas. No biggie since that's a part of this hobby that I enjoy. But it's not for everyone, hence the thread.

·
Registered
745 Posts
While I certainly agree that the trigger isn't like that of my SAO P226s, I would say that the trigger isn't just cosmetic. The fact that it is straight isn't a huge selling point for me, but the break at near 90 degrees as well as the short pull once you reach the fence gives the shooter a good foundation from which to start. I do wish it was lighter. However, dry firing and range time will most likely smooth the trigger out for you.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would agree with Jim, all the P320's I have handled have a decent trigger, but I noticed a difference with my X5, a little smoother and a more crisp break. The 90 degree break makes a difference.

Also agree, the pull weight for a competition/target gun should be lighter out of the box. I added the PELT trigger and it ended up right around 4lbs, but I'm seriously considering sending it for the CELT trigger work, hoping it becomes truly exceptional.

OP may have gotten a more gritty one...it happens...hope it smooths out and you learn to love it.

Reactions: JimLob65

·
Registered
761 Posts
Is the P320 x5 more accurate than a regular fullsize P320?
It is supposed to be, and I would say yes. I had a FS P320 RX, and the X5 easier to shoot accurately with the improved balance. From a rest I think the X5 is more accurate, definitely no less but they are both very good....tight groups, maybe a tad tighter with the X5. Either gun is better than I am.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.