SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just saw this and going to upgrade my Sigs so spreading the word! Align Tactical has a website and Instagram page that has a lot of good info to read up. Lot of holster options and fits many existing holsters that fit gas pedals. Mag release is sweet too! Check it out!

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Guitar accessory Font Tool Auto part Musical instrument accessory

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thumb above and one below??
? not sure what you are asking but here's a picture from their website to show.
They basically took your existing grip, put a small wall under your finger to match the same ergonomic angles and position, so you don't have to do any weird pushing to the side of the gun like the pedal some people went with before this was an option. You only need to lock your thumb stiff like you do your wrist. It's a contact surface that keeps the muzzle from rising, and with a ledge... i'd say even more effectively!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah... Hauki... yes, think you meant finger below... For the Mag Release, yeah!

Gets high up on it for a higher grip under the undercut so you don't rub your finger.

Here's a screenshot of what you meant. It's pretty sweet and don't have to change your grip to drop mags.
Eyebrow Eyelash Organism Ear Gesture

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can just imagine a new thread. "Hey guys I purchased this TDL and does anyone know who makes a holster that would fit it?"
They have holsters already listed -- Black Scorpion Gear, Precision Holsters, Lytton Custom, and was tested to fit existing Red Hill Tactical and Ghost holsters. Some sweet pics on their Instagram

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, I posted picture of a finger with the mag release and the last post says for 18+ like the algorithm thought is was something else... anyways here are the holsters I was looking at on their Instagram page -- Re: paularmola.

Wood Tree Plant Automotive tire Landscape

Automotive tire Grey Bicycle tire Rim Bicycle part

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Motor vehicle Bag

Bumper Air gun Automotive exterior Trigger Machine gun

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I can see that for range shooters or competition shooters. I always view weapons as weapons. They are not my entertainment, but tools. Therein is the difference.
I see it for sharpening the spear and squeezing every edge to keep sights on target faster. Could definitely see this for duty if it fits in an approved retention holster... After all, special forces and swat have been known to train under the world's best competition shooters to learn how to run their equipment faster under time. Red dots started from competition too.

馃帠USA Veteran
I see it for sharpening the spear and squeezing every edge to keep sights on target faster. Could definitely see this for duty if it fits in an approved retention holster... After all, special forces and swat have been known to train under the world's best competition shooters to learn how to run their equipment faster under time. Red dots started from competition too.
Well, being a SWAT member and IACP SWAT Instructor I would not suggest that modification. The difference between MIL and LEO is that little thing called liability. For both the operator and the commander. Additionally, "best competition shooters?" There's a huge difference between competition and actual kinetic operation against a human. I never had paper return fire or scoot and shoot away from me.

Registered
Thanks for sharing. I watched the video on the mag release. I wish there was a video on the takedown lever. The description is a "pinch and turn" so it must be a two finger operation. I'd like to see it in operation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for sharing. I watched the video on the mag release. I wish there was a video on the takedown lever. The description is a "pinch and turn" so it must be a two finger operation. I'd like to see it in operation.
I imagine it would be the same as the locks on my bedroom doors, you rotate the bladed ledge sticking out vs. the flat takedown lever which has about a nickel's width of surface area to try and grab. Look at the first picture posted. Guess just pinch the ledge part sticking out and twist.

Premium Member
No value to me ...I don't hold a gun like that. I've been shooting .357, .45 and .44 mag for over forty years ... I have no problem with 9mm recoil, no matter how fast I shoot it. To each his own.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No value to me ...I don't hold a gun like that. I've been shooting .357, .45 and .44 mag for over forty years ... I have no problem with 9mm recoil, no matter how fast I shoot it. To each his own.
True, not for everyone or even needed by everyone. It's geared more for competition or tactical shooting. If someone is as good as Jerry Miculek with a ported revolver to put all the rounds in the bullseye in a second flat, they wouldn't need it at speed in any caliber, but I'm not Jerry and not leisurely shooting to see where my shots hit paper on Sundays. 9mm doesn't have any issue with recoil, however half the people I see at the range shooting with their pocket 9s keep adjusting their support hand grip after every shot because 9 still has recoil. Issue is the support hand doesn't have much to grab onto with only one contact point with a pistol. This gives shooters a strong one in the form of a stubby wall to block the muzzle from rising, as the thumb is stronger than any finger.

The benefit of this is at speed, by ensuring the sights return to the target quicker if you want to start picking up tenths of a second in a string during competition.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, being a SWAT member and IACP SWAT Instructor I would not suggest that modification. The difference between MIL and LEO is that little thing called liability. For both the operator and the commander. Additionally, "best competition shooters?" There's a huge difference between competition and actual kinetic operation against a human. I never had paper return fire or scoot and shoot away from me.
Thank you and truly appreciate your service as it is a selfless and tough job you face for the benefit of everyone. You're right, liability is an issue today and Massad Ayoob helped drive that point better than anyone, to where I carry 100% bone stock. I agree and wouldn't recommend it or any modification whatsover in a LE role because of liability unless they start shipping a factory version that way. The way I see it, John Browning made the 1911 and the thumb safety has evolved from a nub into a great long and wider thumb rest. I've never met anyone complain about them being too comfortable of a place to grip and lock into. It is considered normal and comes factory standard. Same "could" go for the thumb rest if it became common on certain guns, then they might become scary military features that get banned because politicians see it is more effective, like having 12 rounds instead of 10. I see the benefit just for what it is and does and dedicate it for certain roles.

Registered
I like the looks of it better than the Gas Pedal, and I bet it works better because of the flat plane for the support thumb.
Limited holster options for all of those.

That mag release is an innovative idea.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the looks of it better than the Gas Pedal, and I bet it works better because of the flat plane for the support thumb.
Limited holster options for all of those.

That mag release is an innovative idea.
Totally agree, looks way better than the gas and love that it naturally lands under your finger as a shelf to offer increased control in the direction actually needed (and not pushing sideways).

Mag release is super awesome as I've installed them in all my P320s after trying one a while back and can't even consider anything else... It is really outside the box and feels and works better than anything I've tried for the P320, since all the others are triangles and some extended can dig backwards into your palm or release a mag when you don't want to... Align Tactical has managed to do a perfect balancing act and I can grip higher when drawing from the holster. That's why I'm super pumped about the new thumb rest they just released! I'm on their mailing list and can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Registered
"Special Forces" ie DEVGRU also shoot over 10,000 rounds a year. Tip of the spear for them is hits to stop on a Center of Mass target about 18", not 7,8,or 9's getting scored. They train in live fire shoot houses and kill one of their own annually, too, sadly enough. While getting some tips from competition pros has been done for a long time, competition pros rarely suffer the mental conditioning of participating on a 2 way range. Where professionals can trade expertise it's great, but it's not a tiered "My way is always better than yours." Not even.

I would offer than a national Simunitions champion may well best an Open Class shooter any day of the week. One issue would be the restrictive gun handling and safety protocols they all have to perform or get eliminated. A combat shooter just needs to keep from shooting himself, his teammates, or creating unnecessary collateral damage. Muzzling? Sure, its worked on but again - they lose one service member a year. That's the tip of the spear.

No doubt this offers an incremental improvement for those in the top 5% of shooters nationally. There is a qualifying negative however - the other 95% of shooters won't see any advantage as they can't use the small percentage improvement. I could throw in an hot rod analogy but it would be misunderstood - the point is any technical improvements for Race Gunz are exactly that. Yet our culture tends to worship the altar of LOOKING like a top level competitor, so we will see these getting installed on carry or field pistols shoved into a non comforming holster.

The pics are a big help to understanding the real market niche for this product. Race Gunz isn't CCW isn't tactical. And not everybody shoots with high thumbs - it's just the current trend. Like wearing IWB in a open carry state, if you have some reasons you need to keep extra concealed it's your decision, but it's not everybody's decision.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts