SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a P320 FCU. I then bought a slide assembly off of gun broker. This is my first P320 and have a question. On the slide I bought there seems to be extra room around the barrel opening. Is this normal for a P320?First pic is the finished assembly and second is the area in question. Any help on this is appreciated.
Trigger Air gun Gas Gun accessory Tool
Hand Camera lens Finger Wood Tool

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Looks normal to me. The barrel tilts up when the action opens (slide moves to rear).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Everyone saying round end goes towards the muzzle must have a compact or something and not the full size slide.

The larger round end does not fit in the slide. Only the smaller squared end does.

Let me know how you fit a 11.8mm metal object in a 8.5mm metal opening without damaging it.

OP, dont listen to what the others are saying. They don’t know what they’re talking about.

Calipers Measuring instrument Automotive tire Auto part Asphalt

Calipers Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle

Calipers Camera accessory Automotive tire Measuring instrument Gadget

·
Registered
23,605 Posts
Most of SIG's P-series models appear that way, not just the P320. They all that use the same lockup technique.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Everyone saying round end goes towards the muzzle must have a compact or something and not the full size slide.

The larger round end does not fit in the slide. Only the smaller squared end does.

Let me know how you fit a 11.8mm metal object in a 8.5mm metal opening without damaging it.

OP, dont listen to what the others are saying. They don’t know what they’re talking about.

View attachment 454836
View attachment 454838
View attachment 454837
Ok before listening to someone telling you not to listen to others make up your own mind and I'm not saying he's wrong, here are tons o one line video's of assembly of P320 fullsize so here's a link full size p320 assembly - Bing video and watch a few (fast forward to the recoil parts in video's). If your recoil spring is damaged go to sig sauer web site and look at replacement recoil springs Search results for: 'p320 recoil' (sigsauer.com) here's link.

I've got P320 carry no full size.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey SigNic

Welcome to the 320 Platform.

My 320 X5 looks the same. It was my first striker fired modular handgun, I was concerned with the tolerances on the barrel and the “rocking” of the slide when dry firing in the battery position (with and without snap caps). Once I was comfortable with it and got to the range I found the weapon to be AWESOME!!!!

I am/was an old 1911 & P220 .45 ACP guy who is now ALL IN with this platform. I got a little excessive with x5, bought an X-Change kit in .40 (X-Carry) and an additional manual safety FCU (fire control unit) and then got a Wilson Combat grip module for my Every Day Carry (EDC) with the manual safety.
I am a firm believer in Sig - when my life is on the line, I want a Sig in my hand.

Take care & stay safe
Scott M

1 - 20 of 25 Posts