SIG Talk banner

New P320 Compact

1477 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  sigsrok
New to the forum so I thought I'd throw out my initial impressions of the P320.

Spent the last couple of months looking for a conceal carry weapon. For this pistol I wanted 9mm striker fire. Bounced back and forth on the caliber, between 9mm and .45, but ultimately went with 9mm as I expect I'll get a full size 1911 later this year.

My decision boiled down to Glock 19 and P320. Both fired well but the Sig felt better in my hand and prior positive experiences with P220 and P226 resulted in going with the P320 Compact. I also went with the stock sites as I wanted to look more closely at the night sights options before diving in.

I've only fired 300 rounds now and haven't had any malfunctions. Really like how it feels in my hand and the trigger. Overall I'm happy with the choice. I upgraded to the Trijicon HD Night Sights yesterday (6/8) as my old eyes had trouble reaquiring the front sight. I have seen the same issue as the other thread with striking low. Will see if the new sights resolve it and also going to have someone else pin it to ensure it's not me or the weapon.

Looking forward to participating and learning from the collective knowledge of th group.
Reactions: sigsrok and Twister
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your new P320. You will really like it. New front sight height may help. Where are you holding the front sight on the target?

· Registered
1,798 Posts
I have the compact(9mm) with night sights. It shoots great. It is very accurate. Had my son and his soon to be bride a couple of weeks ago. She had only shot a pistol once before. Took them to the range. She did very well with the compact at 5 yards. The 320 is an easy gun to shoot. This was the 2nd time my son shot my 320. He was able to make head shots on target at 15 yards easily. Also have the sub compact it is a good shooter also.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum and your new P320. You will really like it. New front sight height may help. Where are you holding the front sight on the target?
I'm aiming center mass but the fact that I don't remember probably means it's me. I'm sure my front and rear sights are aligned but don't recall if POI was top of post or on the dot.

Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated.

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm aiming center mass but the fact that I don't remember probably means it's me. I'm sure my front and rear sights are aligned but don't recall if POI was top of post or on the dot.

Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated.
Here is what Sig Sauer has to say:

All SIG SAUER production duty/combat pistols are set up to use a “combat” sight picture. This is where the front sight completely covers the bullseye of the target. Using a six o’clock (“pumpkin on a post”) or center mass (“half’n’half”) sight picture will result in low impact. SIG SAUER, Inc sights in all non-sporting and non-target pistols for 2.5 inch groupings @ 15 yards. If you are still having trouble please contact Customer Service for further help and instruction. Please have your serial number ready. There are also very helpful free Internet sites that cover pistol group analysis.
see: https://www.sigsauer.com/support/faqs/

Attachments

· Registered
338 Posts
Thanks. I've been aiming Center Hold so I'll adjust and if it brings it up.
That should do it. When I bought a 938 four years ago, the combat sight picture was new to me. Once I adjusted to it I came to prefer it. It is fast and intuitive and very easy for your muscle memory to become accustomed to for natural pointing. I found it also helps with front sight focus since the bulls eye is covered, preventing distraction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.